REFERRAL, PLEASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REFERRAL, PLEASE

Need GENUINELY concerned doctor to oversee a benzo taper. Preferably San Fernando Valley CA area. URGENT.:thanks:

REFERRAL, PLEASE

Hi,

I can see you have an urgent need. I just went through this myself-I was taking quite a lot of Ativan for about 2 weeks and drinking, which has been my long term issue, and stopped both at the same time (ran out of Ativan). I tried to bear with it for about a week but the withdrawals were just impossible. I called a psychiatrist I had seen probably 20 years ago, she saw me immediately and put me on Klonopin. I only needed tiny amounts of it after the first day and the relief was immediate! I mean in 40 minutes of taking the first small dose, I felt human again. It was very scary getting to that point.

In a couple of days we are going to taper THAT off, the Klonopin, but I am taking so very little I can't imagine it will be difficult.

This is all just to say, I think any doctor will appreciate your dilemma and I would start calling anyone and everyone until you get seen immediately.

What were you taking and for how long? I wish I could suggest someone to you but I am on the east coast. I just want to tell you there is relief from this. I will never, ever, ever take a benzo unless I am being very closely monitored!

Hang in there. You will be ok but you do need medical help with this one, at least if you are in a similar situation to mine.

CW

Comment

REFERRAL, PLEASE

Im sorry you havent had more replys, I am in UK so cant help at all really but want to encourage you to keep looking for a better doc, is the one who prescribes not interested or what. Otherwise I can only say you may need to go to the emergency dept at the hospital if things get bad. I also have no experience with benzo's so dont know how to taper them.

I really do hope you find the help you need

Comment

REFERRAL, PLEASE

I was just prescribed valium and am being VERY cautious with it...i too am on the East Coast and cannot be more help.....I would call the doctor or go to the ER ASAP sweetie
        I was on Klonopin and had to taper off them as well
        I have become very anti pill after these experiences....live and learn I guess
        Good Luck
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
        X