Insomnia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insomnia?

Thanks for the input everyone. You guys are a lot more pleasant than the self-righteous AA message board I subscribed to before this one.

Anyway, I'm happy to report that my reg 100mg dose of traz knocked me out the past two nights so hopefully I'm back to somewhat regular sleep patterns. Getting back to my gym and workout routine I hope will help as well. Ironically, insomnia is the reason I became a raging drunk in the first place. It wasn't bad when a shot or three did the trick, but a pint plus of 80 proof liquor at 10pm makes you even less useful eight hours later than the traz! Thanks again, everyone.

Comment

Insomnia?

I hear you have to stick with traz for a while in order for it to really work. I never had the patience.

Comment

Insomnia?

Hi aihf,

I was on the other forum in which you speak so highly of for a year or 2 until they let me go because of my disagreement with a mod regarding AA.

As far a the insomnia, I had it during detox, but I have been taking L-tryptophan nightly and the I do some self hypnosis to clear my thoughts and I haven't had a problem in about a year and a half. The other things that will help me sleep are a good workout right after dinner, or sex.

I would recommend any of those before you start relying on perscriptions...but that's just my opinion.

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Insomnia?

I have found it very encouraging and such a relief to finally go back to the good sleep that I used to find so effortlessly before AL. I was one of those ppl who could fall asleep within 15 min or less of turning out the light. I'm thankful to say that I'm one of those ppl again. Minus the rare wakefulness, but I'll take it.

Glad to see you are finally getting some rest.

"I like people too much or not at all."
          Sylvia Plath

Comment

Working...
          X