Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drinking thoughts, please sort me out somebody !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Dixon,
    Well I am currently at 9 days, 2 hrs.
    I have only just logged on today after been away for a few days, so must update my signature.
    Today was tough for me as we went to party, al everywhere... So I kept busy supervising and chasing kids, which worked!
    Your doing very well I see. Well done!!!
    Today I chose to start living!

Comment

I agree with you Kradle. That's a good observation. Emotional extremes whether happy or sad do bring in thoughts of AL with them. I think this is a good thread for us to post about our drinking thoughts. Hopefully we can work through them in the process.

I'm happy to report that I did get through it last night. Although the thoughts stayed with me until late, I had a milkshake and some fries instead of AL. Not happy that I caved in and ate junk, but at least I'm not suffering with a hangover and regret this morning.

Great thread Sausage, and I hope all is well with you.:l

"I like people too much or not at all."
      Sylvia Plath

Comment

Thanks LB
        I felt so lopsided when I posted that last! I was super tired but didn't want to forget.
        A milk shake is the PERFECT KK - Kraving Killer

Hi SOI- I'm plugging in the blender right now. Chocolate or Vanilla? :h

:l
        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Well just got through day 107
          Feeling much better, no drinking thoughts at all today.
          Thanks for all your support everyone, none of this would be possible without MWO.

Comment

Library girl, Hehee I did the same. But had chicken burger and fries!!!!!

Kradle, thank you!!! Chocolate for me

Sausage, well done!

Have a good sunday everyone!!
            Today I chose to start living!

Comment

Sausage your an inspiration!!!

My husband seems to be tge same as yours, and drinks about the same amount. He constantly tells me I don't have an alcohol problem... I think he dies this as he doesn't want to look at his iwn drinking.
              More power to you sausage giving up this long whilst it's in tge house, and your not really being supported. You really are amazing!!!!! XxxxxX

QUOTE=SAUSAGE;1332286]Well just got through day 107
              Feeling much better, no drinking thoughts at all today.
              Thanks for all your support everyone, none of this would be possible without MWO.[/QUOTE]

Comment

SAUSAGE;1331599 wrote:
                I want more ot of life than than being dominated by alcohol. I am a busy mum and I work part time, as my kids get older I want to go further professionally, i have limited spared time and I dont want to throw it all away drinking. It is a waste of money, calories and makes me feel rubbish the morning after. It also puts me in a constant cycle of anxiety and depression, but most importantly I lose my motivation to do anything else once I've taken that first sip.
                Thanks SAUSAGE.....you came here looking for help and you just helped me. Its Friday, 5PM and I was looking for an excuse to drink. Your quote says everything about what I want. I am a Mom, a wife and I want to better myself in so many ways. I've let myself go and it makes me sad. :upset:

I also understand about no support from the hubby. My husband is a normal drinker, but when he does drink, he likes me to have a few with him. But he just doesn't understand one or two might turn into 7 or 8 or more. He knows I have a problem, but doesn't see me as an alcoholic. After abstaining or modding successfully he thinks I am cured. I am not fooled, but he is! I need to learn to live without it. Just like a bad relationship! :H

Comment

Working...
                X