I need advice STAT!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need advice STAT!!

This is my first time posting on any forum site, so I'm not exactly sure if I'm doing it right but here goes nothing. I apologize in advance for this being so long, but I'm terrified and I truly appreciate anyone who takes the time to read and respond to this.

I am a 24 year old college student from New York. I did an excessive amount of partying throughout April, and May with my boyfriend and some friends of ours. On April 28th I went to a rave where I took some exstacy, and a week after that I did cocaine. Aside from those two instances of heavy drugs my partying has mostly consisted of large quantities of vodka and beer, and a little pot here and there. Here's the issue, I found out at the end of May that I am pregnant. I conceived on the 14th of April. Right before the hard partying commenced. I did not think I was pregnant because my period has always been irregular at best, so it being late did not surprise me at all.

I have read alot of threads on this site from other women that were worried about how their drinking would affect their babies. Although the repsonses were all very inspiring I could not find much solace in them. Most women are talking about drinking a bottle of wine here or there. I was drinking at least a quarter of a bottle of vodka at a time, at least 3 times a week. There was a week in early May that I drank everyday of the week. Vodka, beer, and basically anything that anyone would put in front of me.

I am terrified that I have done irreversible damage to my child. I have not read any threads of women drinking to the extent that I know I have. I am mortified. I spoke with an OBGYN and had an early ultrasound done as soon as possible because I was spotting. We saw the sac, a small nut sized fetus, and a heart rate of 139! But the doctor was going over the WIDE range of abnormalities that my actions can potentially cause. He said the first eight weeks are the most important and that ANYTHING I did during those weeks was sure to affect the baby. He said it might not have physical deformities, but psychological and developmental problems most likely. I am seriously considering an abortion. Should I get a second opinion first, or should I avoid the risks and just abort?

Again, I apologize for the length and the rambling. I needed to get this off of my shoulders, and hopefully get some unbiased opinions and advice. Please help!!

I need advice STAT!!

Hi Yiggie, I'm so sorry for your position. I think a 2nd opinion will only verify what your first one said. This is a difficult position and the pregnancy will be defined by your concerns. Good Luck to whatever you decide. :h
    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

I need advice STAT!!

I am obviously not a doctor but I most certainly would get a second opinion.

Comment

I need advice STAT!!

I would too sweetie
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I need advice STAT!!

Yep get the second opinion and have a good long think about what you want to do.:l

Comment

I need advice STAT!!

Most definitely get a second opinion. From what I've been reading, at this stage in the baby's development (nut-sized), most likely you have not irreversibly harmed the fetus. If you continue to drink/party then you should be concerned. PLEASE GET A SECOND OPINION FROM A DOCTOR, as I am NOT one.:l

"I like people too much or not at all."
            Sylvia Plath

Comment

I need advice STAT!!

Yiggie....I am so glad that you posted here and I am hoping that you get all the information that you need to make a decision that is right for you. There are tests that can be done like an amniocentisis that can check to see if any damage was done. At least you are aware of your pregnancy now and the sooner you stop the drinking and drugs the better it will be for both you and the baby. Get a second opinion and please keep us posted. Best of luck to you!
              AB Club Member
              AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

I need advice STAT!!

Do not freak out!

I know someone in real life who was partying and going to raves every week or two (and taking Ecstasy) and found out she was pregnant when she was about 8 weeks along. The baby, who is now almost 3, is fantastic and definitely not delayed in any way. In fact he's too damn smart! :H

Go to a different doctor please. Frankly I'm shocked to hear what the first doctor told you.

Comment

I need advice STAT!!

Yes please Yiggie,

Get rid of Doctor Fricken Doom!, What an Ass
                  - Just wanted to reiterate that

:l
                  On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                  *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

I need advice STAT!!

Definitely get a second opinion. I know that this is scary for you. But, don't rush into anything based on one Doctor. :l
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I need advice STAT!!

Yiggie, your doctor is a quack. Cut him loose and fast!!! Go and see another doctor as soon as possible. This is what I read about fetal heart rate:

Fluctuations of the fetal heart rate (usually associated with fetal movement) during different periods of the day are common and often rise above 160, going as high as 180 to 190 and are considered normal. If you have questions or concerns about your baby's fetal heart rate always direct them to your healthcare professional.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

I need advice STAT!!

SKendall;1331303 wrote: Hi Yiggie, I'm so sorry for your position. I think a 2nd opinion will only verify what your first one said. This is a difficult position and the pregnancy will be defined by your concerns. Good Luck to whatever you decide. :h
                        I really hope the young woman read some other posts after this one.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

I need advice STAT!!

LG, she is having a long think about this and seeing a professional for some guidance.

Yiggie, hope I didn't give up too much info. :l
                          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

I need advice STAT!!

I sincerely hope so SKendall. More than likely, her baby is perfectly fine. I do hope she doesn't make any decisions based on what she's read here, from me or you.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

I need advice STAT!!

Please get a second opinion. At the end of the day (and after all the opinions and advice) it is ONLY YOU who makes the decision and remember that it is a massive decision that YOU have to live with for the rest of your life. It is a precious wee life we are talking about here that has every right to have a chance at life.
                              Please think long and hard hun and I pray you make the right decision.
                              My thoughts and prayers are with you. xx
                              HOUR BY HOUR, DAY BY DAY

Comment

Working...
                              X