• Show
Clear All

Need help

me too AK
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Need help

Hey AK, so happy to see you back!! Let me know how I can help. PM me anytime.
      AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Need help

Use AA if that works, use whatever works. Everyone is different. I won't say my experience. I had to go to baclofen.

Comment

Need help

I agree with COS. Find daily support. Find new friends. Change your daily schedule somehow to add things that are more interesting to you and more fulfilling that what you were doing before. Really, get radical! NOW is the time to follow your heart, quit trying to "fit in," and find what works for you. I did the AA route for a while. Then, like COS, found baclofen. Now I know that I NEVER have to live like that again. And you don't either, akgirl. You CAN do this!!
          "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

Need help

Just checking in, still in AA and loving it! Day 10 woohoo! (((hugs))) to all!
            :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Need help

Aww AK,
              Woooooooo hooooooooo, indeed. Keep checking in.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Need help

Still Sober! Yaaay! I really like the support I'm getting in AA....and here of course.

I tried everything and thought I could never quit, part of me didn't want to really. But I knew I had to for my health and tons of other reasons.

To all the newbies, don't give up!!! Keep trying and find what works for you!

Comment

Need help

AK girl KEEP IT UP!!! we have been on this board together for a long time. You know how fantastic the support is. I am happy AA is wroking for you. Get some serious Days under your belt. You seem good. I am glad
                  I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
                  sober since 2/4/12

Comment

Need help

So happy for you AK girl! Congrats.
                    February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Need help

Ahhh....AK,
                      You sound so much better already...

Comment

Need help

I havn't been sober for this long in......well never. I've had a day or two here and there but never like this. It is like being let out of jail. So amazing to feel like this. AA has really worked for me, not sure why after trying for so long, but it has.

So happy to finally be sober and free!

Comment

Need help

akgirl,SOOOOOO pleased for you. Keep up the good work!!!:goodjob:

Comment

Need help

Well done

Hey AK long long long time no see. Keep it up you are doing great!!Cashy xxxx
                            "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Need help

That's awesome akgirl,

It truly is freedom
                              new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

Need help

Awww! This made my heart smile. I am so happy you have found your way! You are in my positive thoughts and prayers AK!!
                                February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Working...
                                X