Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't stop this

Hi everyone
    I drink a bottle- 2 bottles a night, sometimes one night in between without drinking. When I do go 48 hours - 60 hours without drinking I get the glimpses of feeling well and normal. However most of the time I'm either tipsy/drunk or hungover. I hate this and I've let so many people down by not keeping appointments or ringing in sick from work. I cannot go on like this. I have good intentions in the morning but by the evening I'm ready to drink again. I just want to feel normal.
    I must not become sentimental and thinking about the good times. In the end it just takes over my life and I have no other life.

I can't stop this

Thanks Molly
    I've come to realise that I love alcohol too much. So much so that I've become obsessed with it. Everything comes second to it. I often don't eat. I spend all my money on it. Planned days out don't happen. For what? For some liquid, that's what! It's ridiculous! I cannot drink like normal people because when I do it becomes my life. This is why I cannot drink whatsoever.I must not become sentimental and thinking about the good times. In the end it just takes over my life and I have no other life. SB
    I must not become sentimental and thinking about the good times. In the end it just takes over my life and I have no other life.

Comment

I can't stop this

And you're right Molly, I justr need to think about one day at a time. I really want this. I just I hope I feel this way tomorrow. Thanks

Comment

I can't stop this

I really want this, just hope I do tomorrow night

Comment

I can't stop this

sober thoughts;1362562 wrote: Thanks Molly
          I've come to realise that I love alcohol too much. So much so that I've become obsessed with it. Everything comes second to it. I often don't eat. I spend all my money on it. Planned days out don't happen. For what? For some liquid, that's what! It's ridiculous! I cannot drink like normal people because when I do it becomes my life. This is why I cannot drink whatsoever.I must not become sentimental and thinking about the good times. In the end it just takes over my life and I have no other life. SB
          Hi SB. Boy, I could have written that post! That was me about 4.5 years ago. Molly is so right that the bit of positive sober life you glimpse can be yours every day if you want it and work for it. You don't have to let alcohol steal any more of your life from you if you don't want to.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I can't stop this

sober thoughts;1362562 wrote: I must not become sentimental and thinking about the good times. In the end it just takes over my life and I have no other life. SB
            Hi Sober Thoughts

Tomorrow if you find your conviction starting to waver, just think about what you said in the quote above. Those are your true feelings about your drinking. Ignore any other thoughts - they are just the addiction talking. You know what you really want - a better life.

Distraction is a great way to get through the tough moments - take a walk, re-arrange your closets, call a friend. The cravings always pass.

Good luck and keep posting.
            AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

I can't stop this

Thanks Pixie, Doggy Girl and Molly
              I really appreciate your feedback. It helps so much to hear other people understand where you are coming from. I don't feel quite so alone when I come on here and air my feelings, and listen to other's stories. Well last night I had 1 bottle of wine. It could have been worse as I could have had 2 (was definitely thinking about it) but couldn't find my debit card at the time. Today I will not drink. I must not drink. 8 hours since my last drink. 60 hours is the longest I've gone recently. I'll let you all know how I get on. Thanks ST x

Comment

I can't stop this

Congratulations on your sobriety, you've done so well. I hope one day that will be me x

Comment

I can't stop this

sober thoughts;1362567 wrote: I really want this, just hope I do tomorrow night
                  Well, there's your starting point. I have come to realize one very solid truth in my journey and about this addiction. If you "really" want it bad enough, it will happen. And I mean the kind of.....you want to be alcohol free more than you want anything....really want it.

Its not gonna be easy, probably the fight of your life, but it does get easier with time. Like the others have said start with one day at a time and build on that.
                  Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

I can't stop this

here to offer support ST....
                    you have the best examples of sobriety already talking to you, but I have faced the demon, too
                    I am still very early in my sobriety, but it is so worth it honey
                    Check in today, ok?
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I can't stop this

Thanks for your support MamaBear and Nelz, I think you're right- it will be the fight of my life! So far AF today, coming up to 24 hours. I think my last drink was 10.30pm last night. Had some cravings earlier, but ate instead. :thanks:

Comment

I can't stop this

36 hours has gone!

Comment

I can't stop this

Ride the cravings out, be bored stare at a ceiling do whatever..They come and go they WILL not hurt you.

Things will improve.
                          Sober since 13th January 2012

Comment

I can't stop this

Thanks 199 days
                            I was just starting to have a craving actually when I logged into my FB profile and heard friends enjoying themselves with alcohol. I read your post which was helpful and very timely. :thanks:

Comment

I can't stop this

You can do this. Just follow what the others say and take it ODAAT even OMAAT or OHAAT as needed. You can beat this. Sobriety is so much better then being wasted or drinking. When I have the craving (which isn't as often and hard as it was 14 nearly 15 months ago) I will think of this site and the tools that I have. And then I will imagine myself having the worst hangover ever and then poof the craving is gone. I am not going to pay for it the day after for a short time of "fun" that I think I am having by drinking. I have fun being sober.
                              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X