Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't stop this

Yes thankyou Satz123 and 199 days. :goodjob:
    I must not become sentimental and thinking about the good times. In the end it just takes over my life and I have no other life.

Comment

I can't stop this

Satz 123, Thanks for your post, I understand what u are saying. I have been around MWO for a cuople of years and gradually my drinking has decreased. Not totally af but might have a drink now once a week. Used to drink heaps everyday!!! I read lots of posts and am sure ,somehow, it has helped. I am hoping that eventually, I just will wake up one day and cease drinking all together.. Thanks again

Comment

I can't stop this

Yep I definitely wouldn't have got this far without this website, and reading lots of posts. And I'm only on day 2.
        ST
        I must not become sentimental and thinking about the good times. In the end it just takes over my life and I have no other life.

Comment

I can't stop this

satz123;1364406 wrote: Hi ST
          You are EXACTLY where I was from February this year. I did what you are doing & would wake up with great intentions. By 5.30 I was in the car & off to buy a bottle on the way home.

BUT ............ the seed was sown logging in here every day & getting to know people.
          At first I couldn't imagine even one day without a glass of wine while making dinner.
          No great dramas happended when I drank or anything or getting legless - but it bothered ME !
          I then dabbled in AF outings etc and surprised myself by being very proud of the fact I wasn't drinking. Nothing mega - just meals out etc. Said I'd drive.

By July the seed had sprouted & on July 2 - I said I can DO this. And haven't had a drink since.
          It's quite amazing really. Sometimes I think of the 'buzz' but then fast forward & think of the next day - worried I have a problem.

So take your time - it will happen - I am sure of it.
          Thank you for this post Satz - perfect to keep me out of beat up mode today. Things are changing.

Hello to ST - hope you're feeling ok today.
          You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

I can't stop this

Love this

199days;1364307 wrote: .The cravings thoughts will not harm you, but you have to recognise them as a separate entity and dismiss them straight away.
            Good luck !
            I love this 199days...I hope I don't forget it. When I start to crave, I start to develop anxiety about withdrawals...that's my brain's greatest excuse... And a big draw on my strength. What an awesome reminder. Thanks
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            I'm lost, I've gone to look for myself, so if I get back before I return, Please ask me to wait.

Comment

Working...
            X