• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh god

Sending you both big hugs,

:l:l
    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

oh god

Thanks for the support guys. I'm not doing too bad at all. I had a boozy day on sunday at a local event (with the husband) and I was the one who decided to go home early before pass out time. The other days have been spent relatively sober with only small amounts of alcohol involved. waking up feeling well is a good feeling. I wish i could see a doc for anti craving meds but i can't. I'd be sacked.

LOVE TO U ALL XX:l
      The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

oh god

I was fine for two days then last night gave in and drank 3/4 bottle wine,felt awful and at last I think I am getting to the point where I am thinking why? didn't really want or enjoy that,so no al for me today,love and hugs to you all Twitch xx

Comment

oh god

Glad to hear from you both, Girly and Twitch!

Twitch - Last time I drank I didn't enjoy it either. I forced down beer after beer, don't know why, it doesn't make sense, but that's the alcoholic brain. Because I had them there in front of me I was compelled to drink them ALL whether I wanted them or not. Woke up the next day and knew I was DONE. That was 267 days ago. You CAN do it too...you'll know when you're ready. For me it was when drinking became harder than not drinking.

Sending you both strength! :l
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

oh god

keep it up twitch you can do this! abstinence for me tonight too. i should manage ok because im dog tired and looking forward to curling up in bed.

not going to go down th ab road just yet. too many bad thing are going on with my family that are really awful and don't know if i can trust myself if the going gets tougher not to drink on them again.

k9 you're an inspiration xx:l

twitch, get ya big girl pants on and do this!:l
            The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

oh god

Girly,
              I'm glad you're being honest with yourself and not risking the AB right now. Like I said, you'll know when it's time. Please hang in there. Thinking of you and wishing you lots of strength!
              K9
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

oh god

girly wirly;1379636 wrote: Thanks for the support guys. I'm not doing too bad at all. I had a boozy day on sunday at a local event (with the husband) and I was the one who decided to go home early before pass out time. The other days have been spent relatively sober with only small amounts of alcohol involved. waking up feeling well is a good feeling. I wish i could see a doc for anti craving meds but i can't. I'd be sacked.

LOVE TO U ALL XX:l
                Why would you be sacked?Does your employer have access to your medical notes?If you have been drinking that much surely it shows at work or at least on your face?
                I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

oh god

I don't know what girly's job is, but for me it's the same thing. I can't seek help or it's my job. I don't count days, but I have had five days that I have drank since mid June. I have the AB, but not taking it. I keep saying I will if I crave. I do like it better when I wake up without that horrid alcohol smell and taste. I want to eventually stop, but right now I am grateful not to be doing it daily. Anyone grateful journalling? When I was the number one thing was being grateful not to be drinking.

Comment

oh god

Hi Girly, Xwino,

I really struggled for years as I couldn't access AL outreach services either. I work with homeless people and would see half my client base there. I had to go to AA meetings miles away. I once saw a client at an AA meeting & it freaked me out & I quietly slipped away. (he was an ex-client that had caused me lots of problems)

I used the money I spent daily on Vodka to see a private Councillor, summed it up when I was moaning about traveling so far to AA meetings to remain 'anonymous'. He just said matter of factly, "well if you were dying of cancer would you moan about traveling to get chemo? Do what you need to do to get better". I couldn't argue with that!!
                    I can not alter the direction of the wind,

But I can change the direction of my sail.

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

oh god

XWino;1383344 wrote: I don't know what girly's job is, but for me it's the same thing. I can't seek help or it's my job. I don't count days, but I have had five days that I have drank since mid June. I have the AB, but not taking it. I keep saying I will if I crave. I do like it better when I wake up without that horrid alcohol smell and taste. I want to eventually stop, but right now I am grateful not to be doing it daily. Anyone grateful journalling? When I was the number one thing was being grateful not to be drinking.
                      Sorry if I came across as a bit insensitive, it's just so many people think if they go to their Dr somehow it'll be reported or accessible by their employer. 99% of the time it's not, and quite often if drinking is very bad the employer can tell by the persons appearance anyway even though we like to think no one can tell at all because we try so hard to hide it(which usually gives the game away).

I just don't like to see people not getting the help they need needlessly.
                      I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Working...
                      X