I need to change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to change

Thanks for the kind words and advise, I'll be taking them to heart.

(I edited and removed all the info from my original post as I am moveing to a different section of the forum now and no longer wish to have this thread addressed)

I need to change

First of all, you sound like an amazing young man. You already know you can't continue drinking like this. First of all get over to the newbies thread and see about getting sober for 30 days. This will get you feeling better and allow you time to organize your thoughts and then decide how to proceed.

You can tell your friends you got an infection and your doctor has said you have got to stop for a while. Also you can tell yourself this. The mind is a powerful thing. Don't think of quitting, just give yourself a 30 day break.

Hope this helps. And :welcome:

KY

Comment

I need to change

Path seeker:

All I can say is :welcome: & :jumpwow:

I agree with Kuya - you are an extremely incredible young man! I won't comment on your story as of yet, though I think you know the answer to many of your questions already, hard as those answers might be to accept.

Please do fly over to the Newbie Nest. I believe you will find wonderful support nd recognition there. Sorry to be so Brief. Just got back from Mt. St. Helen's with the kids and looking at the devastation of that mountain (killed 57 poeple) has left me drained and somewhat contemplative

Sleep Well. You are in very good company here. See you in the Nest.

:l
      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

I need to change

Path

I haven't had a chance to read it all but I will, I really think due to the seizures you should seek a medical detox or atleast see a Dr. right away.... Please, I have a son your age and I am scared for you.....

For now don't think about giving up alcohol forever it is too overwhelming. Just worry about your health and detoxing your body.... You already said u are withdrawing from friends take a few days and focus on getting well....

I will finish reading tomorrow and post some more but read as much as you can on this site and reach out to anyone.....

There is so much knowledge, advice, compassion, understanding and support here.

Please be well, my thoughts are with you.
        And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

I need to change

Thank you all very much, I really apreciate the feedback. I think I know what I have to do as much as I dont want to lol.

Also I want to note that I'm feeling alot better today, My severe symptoms only lasted for two days (I don't know how common that is or if I'm just lucky). So thank you very much for the concern but I think I'm going to have to skip out on the doctors because I'm really not sure if I'm insured at the moment.

I'm taking all of your advise to heart and heading over the new section. Thank you for all the kindness.

Comment

I need to change

Ok but there are plenty of Dr. and treatment options out there for the uninsured they may take a little more effort on your part but they are worth it.....
            And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

Working...
            X