Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horrific reaction to Vivitrol-again!

Hi,

I'm new here. I got my second (not consecutive) Vivitrol shot on Friday and my butt cheek is hard as a rock and SWOLLEN as hell. Half of my ass looks like Kim Kardashian's...and it hurts like hell too. Last shot there was only a lump at the site.

Anyone have any ideas? The place I went to is a Clinic and it takes 1/2 day just to get the shot, so no, I'm not going back for an emergency.

Thanks in advance.

That doesn't sound right. You should have a doctor look at it. Go in and see your pcp if u don't want to go to an Er.
    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Liberacat,
      New here as well, and have had one vivitrol shot . I still have a small hard lump after two weeks. I would get it checked out. Good luck. Let us know how it goes if you can.

Comment

Thanks. Eventually it went away. I exasperated the problem by putting a heating pad on the left side, and created blisters.....dumb, but I was trying to soothe the muscle. Don't ever do that. Medical Center said there was nothing they can do and next time massage the shot into the muscle. Yeah, I did that.

I'm getting another one the end of this week. It's a $3,100 shot and they pay for it, but I still don't know if it's worth it.

Bulldog, what did they tell you about the lump? Is it worth it?

Comment

Hi libercat,
          First of all I think it is worth it as I have not had a drink in 5 weeks and am loving feeling (and acting) better. That said, I just got my second shot and now have a matching lump! Actually the second is more painful. I have to remind myself not to massage my butt in public ! Hopefully the first will go away before the next shot. Thanks for the advice reguarding heating pads, I have thought about using one. Hope all is well with you and that you ae benefitting from the shots! Its nice to communicate with someone else in the same boat.

Comment

Working...
          X