Drank again Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drank again Today

Crying here typing this. Why ? Not a lot but back to day 1 again.
    I really am no good to anyone, Thats how I feel now. After detoxing I f..k up again.
    Sometimes I feel like giving up, trying to give up. I am sure I will feel better tomorrow but now I feel so bad !
    Mark

Drank again Today

Mark, I am so sorry you are low. I can tell you one thing...you can turn this ship around and it doesn't take very long. Would you consider coming over to the Newbie's nest? We have folks in every stage of quitting.....in my signature line, please find a link to the Tool Box, there are 100's of tips and coping skills to help you.

The past does not equal the future. If it did I would be in a ditch somewhere. You made a huge step in reaching out here....this is a great place and so many of us have felt just like you. If there were an easy thing to do, we wouldn't need sites like this, but thank god we do. This place saves lives and I'm one of them. I'm so glad you are here. Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Drank again Today

Mark: have you downloaded the book on this site? I never thought I could have any AF days until I tried the supplements recommended here. Several other members here too tried different thing
      S and have found what worked for them. Just look at their stories. Find the forum w the most successful stories that speak to you! The plans that will work for you. Everyone is different, and I'm sure you can find your individual solution out of this problem. Best wishes on your journey!
      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Drank again Today

Never give up man.....just keep on keeping on. You have proven to yourself that you can do AF days. Yours may not be consecutive, but they are still days without AL.

Surf that urge when it hits, do WHATEVER you have to, to get your mind on ANYTHING else....the urge should pass in time. And the more times you do that, the easier it will get, and the urges will come fewer and farther in between.
        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Drank again Today

Mark, I feel your pain. I am in the same place and it's not fun...at all. I did AF for a while and then f'd up. All I can do is hope for that day again. hang in there.

Comment

Drank again Today

Hi Mark2, struggles, alcoholic and eveyone else.

I, too, am back to square 1. Just posted to newbies nest roll call. Two others who are also on their first day have posted today. Seems like this last weekend was an especially bad one for many, many people. With each other's help, let's all just keep moving forward. One of these days (I'm praying) it's going to stick.

It took me five years of trying to finally get two years AF. Then I lost it, and have been struggling ever since. I'm hoping that whatever magic made it happen before will make it happen again. I have no idea why it happened when it did. Finally, after countless tries, it 'stuck'. I was just so incrediby grateful.

Then I started thinking I could handle it again, and if not, I figured, I did it once, I'm sure I can do it again. But the reality is that it is not so easy to get your sobriety back. I'll try to remember that next time. I don't want to be one of those who never makes it back.
            AF since 12/2/12
            http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Drank again Today

Mark -
              You are NOT alone. I can't even count how many times I started over. One day though, it finally "clicked". I was finally just DONE. It became harder to drink than to not drink. You will get there...never give up.
              K9
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Drank again Today

Agreeing with the others ... keep trying you will feel better tommorrow, drink lots of water & sleep if you can. Never give up!!
                Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
                Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
                10 days - Sept 13, 2012
                2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
                Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
                AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
                Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Drank again Today

Not too bad today, day 3 nearly over, Why I punish myself is beyond me !!

Comment

Drank again Today

Mark...that is the power of addiction. That's why we all have done it. Day 3 is huge...you are operating under your own power. Your outlook should be improving, no? I am so happy for your progress. Stay the course and you will never be sorry! B
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Drank again Today

Mark, you sound a lot better. I have asked myself the same question so many times. I am coming up to 5 months sober, but sometimes I think we put too much emphasis on the amount of days sober we have. The fact that you want to be sober is more important than counting days, one slip up imo does not define your sobriety, look how well you have done. You can achieve so much, but please put the guilt where it belongs, and keep on trying.

Comment

Drank again Today

Hi Mark..who says you have got to go back to Day 1? IMO that is the most soul destroying thing there is... when you stop trying that is when you fail..Listen to Byrdie..she is excellent support and help,especially for people just starting out...I know 126 days ao I was one of them.:welcome:
                        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Drank again Today

Hi Mark, try to go with the truth and that is the moment you decide to quit alcohol you are a winner. You are one step ahead of those who don't even realize they have a drinking problem. You have accepted that fact and are actually working on it. Every slip-up is just that; a slip up. You are on day three and should celebrate. The booze is now out of your body. You don't crave it physically according to Jason Vale who wrote one of the better books on alcohol abuse; your alkie-brain is your only enemy. It's that voice that tells you to go ahead and have one. Do your best to recognize it for what it is... your ultimate saboteur.

I am rooting for you and know you can do it.

xoo
                          Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                          ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Drank again Today

how is today

Hi Mark, how can it be I know what you feel? I want to tell you this too shall pass. And it will... I am feeling your pain. Hang on and keep on with the battle against the bottle. I'm new here and am so thankful I found this site, n your post. was at the very end of my tether. So, you have helped me! Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                            X