Day 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 19

I have been coming to this website since April 2010 and trying multiple times to quit. Today is day 19 and I had to struggle not to drink wine mid-day. Last night I almost caved in. Seems this third week is harder than first two. My goal is 30 consecutive days and then I will shoot for 40. Will try to post here to keep myself motivated. Thanks.
    Free at Last
    "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Day 19

Well done free on your 19 days - stay strong !!

I'm only on day 3 (again !!) - but try, try, try again

I'm proud of your achievement - it's an achievement I want to boast about one day

Massive hugs to you free xxx
    Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Day 19

Free- I made it 90 days earlier this year. I was surprised how I could be bouncing along and then crave a drink. I remember it especially around day 40. So keep it up and just be aware that there will be times that will be harder than others. I just completed 1 week AF once again.
      Congrats on your 19 days. Keep it up. Two days until you have 3 weeks!

Comment

Day 19

Free, WTG on 19 days, I can so relate, I am on day #9 again for the umpteenth time again, but I know I have the strength to do it this time and so do you. That goes for all of us! Keep posting and let us know how you are doing. The same goes for you 2 also quest and clear.
        I am so proud to say that in the last 4 months I have had more AF days than I have in a very long time. Those cravings can be nasty suckers, but we just have to learn how to ride them out! Best wishes to all!
        Kdog
        Reflect upon your present blessingings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some

Comment

Day 19

Hi Free, Quest, Clear, Kdog,

Congratulations on all of you hanging in there and not giving up. I'm on day 10 (again!) and am really struggling today. Just had a very difficult morning with my son (21, and with a substance problem and a mental condition) I am just coming off the worst and longest lasting withdrawal I've ever had. I felt terrible and shaky up to day 8. To be honest I don't even feel that good now, but it might have to do with the stress and turmoil from this morning. I always used to bounce back within a couple of days. I'm trying to keep in mind a quote Slay put up: "I have the urge, but I won't satisfy it; I can't satisfy it." But my mind is saying f*ck it, I just want a break from all the stress. And I know I can't have that break. So sick of it all.......
          AF since 12/2/12
          http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Day 19

Cant offer much here except some moral support, all the above info is right on.

The cravings IMO will always be there, and they are definitely worse when you first quit. Do what you have to, to get past the cravings(surf the urge), it will go away.

It will get easier if you can keep fighting it and beating it. You also wont wake up with that "never again" guilt.

Keep it up
            Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Day 19

Thanks Nelz, I appreciate the encouragement. I know you are right, it's just so hard today......
              AF since 12/2/12
              http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Day 19

Hi!

I am on day 19 today. Had over six months when I started rehab a year ago, and then got 5,6, days after that, but did 22 days in August. No trying to stay focused on sobriety and feel pretty strong. But I know that AL can rear its ugly head at any time, and I really do take it one day at a time. I am going through some very stressful stuff trying to get my driver's license back, but I am not letting ti get to me.
                I think coming here every day is a great help, epecially when the cravings hit!
                Hang in--you are no on day 20, and tomorrow will mark three weeks for you!:goodjob:

TDN
                "One day at a time."

Comment

Day 19

Thanks all for your thoughtful response. I made it through day 19 and day 20 and am now on day 21. This week has been especially tough, but I am working on a plan that involves exercise, lots of water, and three meals a day. This is the 10th time I have tried to quit in 10 years and am very much struggling to make this my final quit. Appreciate your support.
                  Free at Last

Comment

Day 19

Hang in there Free! I've had more day 1s in the last couple of years than I care to remember. Getting to Day 21 is a huge accomplishment and you've given yourself a wonderful gift that you can keep building on! Keep going.... I'm 17 days behind you... let's keep it that way!
                    ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                    -----------------------------------
                    Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Day 19

Thanks, all. Made it through day 22. My personal record for consecutive days AF is 23. Next goal is to make it to 25 days. Appreciate the support.
                      Free at Last

Comment

Day 19

Well done FAL, keep on trucking.

Read earlier about eating 3 square meals ..... Good! Hunger is your enemy and pop a couple of snacks in between as well, nuts are best, low GI and good oils

Comment

Day 19

Good job! I'm on day 22 now, and that is when I slipped back in late August, But I am not going to drink today, and no plans to drink again.
                          "One day at a time."

Comment

Day 19

Many thanks to all who have written in. Today was day 25 and I really wanted a nice bottle of red wine but "surfed the urge" as I have read here. Been tough, have not had this much consecutive time without alcohol since 1991 -- 21 years! Thanks to all for encouragement.
                            Free at Last

Comment

Day 19

Great job!!! Keep going!
                              "One day at a time."

Comment

Working...
                              X