don't know what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't know what to do

hi new here i'm 22 years old. i am at a point where i don't know what the hell to do with my life and it seems like i'm just spiraling down. i have been binge drinking just to be able to socialize with people, not panic in public and to stand being out of my house (because of my GAD and Agoraphobia) at least 3-5 times a week for the past 3-4 years, days off are usually because the hangover is horrible or i have to actually do something important. now i have started recently on a coke habit just when i thought my drinking couldn't get any worse, i've done it before many times but my use is escalating i've been taking it during the morning or daytime and i feel horrible about what i do because i know people are worried about me and have known that for a while. i am unable to be prescribed any "fast acting" anti-anxiety drug as doctors don't trust me with this medication as overuse of stuff like xanax and lorezapam have landed me in the hospital. the only thing i take right now is a thing called "traxilium" (not sure if it's universal but it's our brand for it in switz) which helps get off the shakes of a hangover if i need to do something important or talk to people and i don't have a beer or something. i've relapsed about 3 times already, only going so far as 2 months before things in my head want me to off myself. does anyone have any advise on my situation? i have been to rehab and AA meetings but i just keep drinking and it's getting in the way of living the life i want.

thank you for your attention to this message.

don't know what to do

Hope

Hi Jace, just wanted to say welcome and hope you can stay here with us, check out the boards like Molly said, and that we can help each other. I know a lot of my anxiety comes from drinking, day after it is hard for me to function. Yours is more pronounced and it is good that you are under a doctors care. :h
    Cara

Comment

don't know what to do

Hi Jace, how are you doing mate?
      Formerly Angelcakes, new name, new attitude.

Comment

don't know what to do

thanks for the replies. i woke up today and decided to stop everything. sick of this, just worried about the coming months, having been through the feelings before of the withdrawal. it feels better to get this thing out to people who are more likely to understand.

Comment

don't know what to do

Jace we certainly understand and know it will be hard. You have to make this your focus and log in here often and read and read and post. It doesn't happen by luck it happens by making a plan.
          Join in with the new folk in newbies nest and start getting sober..... You won't regret it

Comment

don't know what to do

thinking of you Jace
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

don't know what to do

:l

Comment

Working...
              X