Withdrawal - Delerium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Withdrawal - Delerium?

Never quit trying to quit! We have all been there and it's good to admit you caved in. Now tomorrow is another day. Make it Day 1 alcohol free!
    Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Withdrawal - Delerium?

XWino,

I know how you feel about feeling bored without alcohol. I am only on day 6 but what has helped me so far is to try to remember and write down all the things I used to enjoy....reading a juicy novel, taking a hot bubble bath by candlelight with a cup of good tea, writing a letter to an old friend (maybe a real person or it could be alcohol now), doing a puzzle of some type, making a pot of good soup, listening to music that moves you, stretching your body, going for a walk, reading to your kids, hugging your kids, telling your kids you love them. We have to re-wire our brains. So many people here have become alcohol free and are living happy, productive lives. It is a struggle in the beginning but, YOU CAN DO THIS!
      sigpic

Comment

Withdrawal - Delerium?

Do you have one of those jobs that requires you to allow your employer access to your medical records?
        If you have and don't want them to sack you, sorry to go on about it but try tapering.
        It's not what you drink, it's how much!

Comment

Withdrawal - Delerium?

Have been thinking about you XWino..... Check in with somebody when you get a chance hun. :l

Comment

Withdrawal - Delerium?

Have been thinking about you XWino..... Check in with somebody when you get a chance hun. :l :h

Comment

Withdrawal - Delerium?

Well I drank my way right into the hospital. I was dehydrated and kept fainting. I went 7 more days, then an argument with my x and wine that had been in the house for 2 days, I reached for. Yes, I have to allow my employer my medical records. I look at intervention and I would like to get away for a few months to learn better coping skills. How can I leave my kids with no income? Also, I would be fired long before two months and not be able to even stay I'm the program without health insurance. I have to do this in private.

Comment

Withdrawal - Delerium?

Oh my xwino: but it's got to be done and it's what is needed for your life right now to get back on track, it seems like.... I hope you use sometime to think it through.... Are you all right? It must be a tough time for you....
                Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Withdrawal - Delerium?

I have thought about it and I believe if I were to go into rehab, then get fired, lose my insurance and have to leave rehab early, I would be right back to drinking to numb me from the mess I created. Not working, I would probably drink all day. I understand the encouragement to go into rehab, but I am my families only source of income. I have no parents and one sister who is trying to work two jobs to keep her family. My kids father does not work. I may be able to get food assistance, but I won't be able to pay my mortgage let alone household expenses. I know this may sound like excuses, but it's true that I would lose my job. Alcohol abuse/alcoholism is a terminating offense.

Comment

Withdrawal - Delerium?

How are you doing today XWino? Are you able to be alcohol free or only have a little to get you through the worst of it??

Comment

Withdrawal - Delerium?

Can you go to an urgent care medical center in a different town? I'm not sure if your employers would know about that...Or how about ordering some meds online. You don't really need your insurance for any of that.

Someone mentioned tapering. Do you think that's an option? You could do it over the course of a couple of weeks and get stronger as you go along.

It must be tough having to shoulder all the responsibility. And even tougher when you're drinking. Keep posting here and we'll keep supporting you.
                      Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Withdrawal - Delerium?

Agreed. You could try urgent care. Meds are an option.

I was able to do it but everyone is different. I was a hardcore drinker and refused to do inpatient since I wanted to keep my job also.

Comment

Withdrawal - Delerium?

Have you come up w any good options that the other members are suggesting, xwino? I hope so. Hugs....
                          Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                          A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Withdrawal - Delerium?

What about vacation time?
                            Do you get any?

Take that time and use it to dry out. Get some meds like librium and the support of your family/friends.

Comment

Withdrawal - Delerium?

xwino,we havent heard from you in awhile,i was hoping to hear you were beating this crap,didnt you feel better after the 7 days?im so sorry youre going through so much,but you really need to take control of the situation,your kids need you around
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Withdrawal - Delerium?

paulywogg;1449970 wrote: xwino,we havent heard from you in awhile,i was hoping to hear you were beating this crap,didnt you feel better after the 7 days?im so sorry youre going through so much,but you really need to take control of the situation,your kids need you around
                                Pauly......how are you doing? Are you taming this devil? I see you loads and hope it is so but want to ask you directly cos sometimes you think no one cares :h

Comment

Working...
                                X