Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antabuse

Hi All.

I have been on this forum for several years now. I've learned much, and have had extended periods of abstenance (my goal is complete abstenance). However, I have no other support and a very stressful job. In Canada, we do not have access to antabuse. I know that if I had it, I would be able to "ride out" the stressful days. If anyone has any "extra" I would be willing to pay for antabuse plus "shipping and handling"

Otherwise, I will try to get an appointment with a physician in Vermont (only 1 1/2 hours from here).

If anyone has any other ideas, I would be very grateful!

B
    Anything I can Believe, I can Achieve!

Antabuse

Hi Believer - I wish that I could help you. I do take antabuse and it does help during those stressful times. I wish that I could help you but I just wanted to offer you support. I do think that it is a very useful tool. I hope that you can work it out & get some.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Antabuse

Speak to your doctor about Antabuse. Antabuse is available at most pharmacies, and is a simple drug that is can be made by most pharmacists. If you are a Canadian resident and your doctor cannot find a pharmacy that dispenses Antabuse, it can be ordered through pharmacy.ca - Canada's internet pharmacy, which is an internet pharmacy that delivers free of charge through Canada Post.
      If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic.

Comment

Antabuse

Hi Believer:
        I live in Canada and I have been able to get Antabuse. I would suggest inquiring with various pharmacies.
        The pharmacy I get it from makes it themselves from what I understand.
        I haven't been taking it for the last couple of months but have been having some trouble of late.
        I will start taking it again as it really does help if you take it.
        Nora, I need some dental work done and a good friend of mine works at the office. I don't want to tell them I am taking it but I am wondering if there is a problem with interactions with any of the injections or mouth washes they give you. Have you had any experience with this?
        R4L
        Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

Antabuse

Running4life;1447582 wrote: Hi Believer:
          I live in Canada and I have been able to get Antabuse. I would suggest inquiring with various pharmacies.
          The pharmacy I get it from makes it themselves from what I understand.
          I haven't been taking it for the last couple of months but have been having some trouble of late.
          I will start taking it again as it really does help if you take it.
          Nora, I need some dental work done and a good friend of mine works at the office. I don't want to tell them I am taking it but I am wondering if there is a problem with interactions with any of the injections or mouth washes they give you. Have you had any experience with this?
          R4L
          Hi Running, I take Antabuse when I'm not drinking (which is between 180 and 240 days a year). After starting on 250mg. per day for 3 days I maintain at 125mg. a day. I've tried drinking many times at that dosage and it goes from unpleasant to down right dangerous so I don't do that anymore. When I stop Antabuse I don't drink for 4 straight days, no problem drinking at that point.

I find that at 125mg per day I've had no problem with mouth wash or dental work but I wouldn't push it past that dosage...best advise, tell your dentist what you are taking...

Comment

Working...
          X