Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Scared!

Seemy post under cheated while drunk, prior to this post

I went to Patient 1st today for a Boil, ouch very painful, have a perscription for Antibiotics and have to use Hot Compresses for a few days.. When i got there, my BP was thru the roof, thus making my anxiety that much worse.. Why? Because when i googled Boils, one of the reasons for getting them is HIV. I talked to the Dr there, and I told her what happened.... She said i should get tested.. I AM SO SCARED! They will notify me by phone probably on Wednesday... I dont want to eat, I feel sooooo tired, and i just want to drink to make the scariness go away.. I cant tell anyone! If you have HIV, its like a death sentence. I just dont think I can live with myself! or face my kids.... This could be my ultimate rock bottom

So Scared!

HEY WHITE MARSH MOM

The odds of being exposed to HIV from one encounter are slim. Also boils have other reasons to appear, quite commonly. I would say don't fret too much about that though I agree the possibility exists.

And certainly drinking is not going to help. At.All. Just making things worse would be the result.

I must say that being in a medical field has exposed me to MANY bad doctors. And still does. It seems a bit premature to be throwing out this kind of worry inducing advice at this point. But then again I am not a doctor so you never know.

Try to hang in there and take care of yourself

Comment

So Scared!

whitemarshmom;1464042 wrote: Seemy post under cheated while drunk, prior to this post

I went to Patient 1st today for a Boil, ouch very painful, have a perscription for Antibiotics and have to use Hot Compresses for a few days.. When i got there, my BP was thru the roof, thus making my anxiety that much worse.. Why? Because when i googled Boils, one of the reasons for getting them is HIV. I talked to the Dr there, and I told her what happened.... She said i should get tested.. I AM SO SCARED! They will notify me by phone probably on Wednesday... I dont want to eat, I feel sooooo tired, and i just want to drink to make the scariness go away.. I cant tell anyone! If you have HIV, its like a death sentence. I just dont think I can live with myself! or face my kids.... This could be my ultimate rock bottom
      Hi white marsh,

Both my parents were doctors and one thing I can say for certain is they both always went to the worst case scenario with anything. If my son had a rash mom was all over it as though he had meningitis! :H

I chalked this up to their having seen the worst of the worst over the years so they simply always erred on the side of caution...or as I saw it...the side of hysterical

Also remember that with our litigious community today , doctors always will be covering there butts so they can't be blamed if something happened... Makes sense really. Not there fault IMO ...

I think you just ran into a CYA kind of doctor. I wouldn't worry,

:l
      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

So Scared!

Even in the worst-case scenario, HIV is no longer a death sentence. I have had an HIV test and I know how stressful it is. And no, I didn't have HIV. Even if it had been, with treatment I would probably die of old age before the HIV! Tell me how you got on.
        ?Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.?

― George Carlin

Comment

So Scared!

I agree with Daevid. HIV/AIDS is no longer a death sentence. When caught early and on proper meds, sufferers can live long lives. Just look how long ago Magic Johnson announced that he had HIV! 1991! And he is still going strong! Hang in there until Wednesday, lady!
          Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

So Scared!

THANK GOD!

the results were called into me yesterday.. I AM OK!! after i hung up from the dr office, i just broke down and cried! Everything came back negative! I feel SO RELIEVED! A great weight has been lifted, I realized today that all the anger that i have been feeling has been misdirected...unfortunately at my DH.. God may he forgive me? I sent him a text telling him that i was waiting for some lab results to come back and that i was sorry for being such an asshole, because i really have been. I was drinking to slowly kill myself, since I was so convincted i was infected, and this has been for 2 years in all honesty, because that last time wasnt the 1st time... but i can say this! NEVER EVER AGAIN! today is going to be day 1 for me....Thanks for all your support

Comment

So Scared!

:wave:

:disco:

:wave:
              Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Working...
              X