Too Late

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too Late

I think all the years of drinking and smoking have finally caught up to me.. Ive been having some pain in my left ear, which has now progressed into the left lymph node.. I've had the taste of blood in my mouth for a couple weeks now on and off, but I would not allow myself to google the symptoms until today that is... And i googled and learned that my symptoms run parallel with the symptoms of Throat Cancer. So after seeing that, my anxiety takes off! I've made a Dr appt today at 145, I know they will refer me to an ENT, I already seem to know what fate awaits me.. My poor kids! 5 and 8...

Too Late

WhiteMarsh,
    Don't panic yet! I'm glad you've made a doctors appointment. It could be any number of things, such as your tonsils. 2 years ago I had a growth on my right tonsil and thought that I for sure had given myself cancer thanks to my bad choices....but it was JUST an infection that went away. And yes it went all up into my ear and down into my throat. Just see what the doctor has to say and let us know ok? I'll be thinking of you! :h:h
    K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Too Late

WhiteMarsh - sending you positive thoughts. Wait until you see the doctor. DO NOT GOOGLE. (((((you)))))))
      February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Too Late

Sending you good thoughts.... It seems like there is no worse feeling than when you have convinced yourself that you have caused yourself to have a terminal disease. Believe me, been there, done that. I agree with Wagoneer..... Don't google.

Comment

Too Late

Agreed....DO NOT GOOGLE. Self-diagnosing is torture. Just see what the doctor says! :h

Comment

Too Late

Thanks K9, Wagoneer and Looking for Peace Im glad to hear from you that can relate to the feelings, of giving oneself a terminal illness.. I guess its not just an alcoholic that does that.. my SIL for example Panics at thes 1st sign of anything Ive been on and off this website for a number of years. A couple days here, A Couple days there. Convincing myself Im ok and then reaching out for help.. Thanks for Posting and Ill chat here later

Comment

Too Late

Nursie's orders "Do NOT google!" When I was in nursing school, I had myself convinced I had Colin cancer and I had a hemorrhoid. For real lol.
              That being said, you may just have an ear infection or adenoid infection. What you may be tasting is pus.
              Lastly, when you have ear pain, you need to get checked out sonnet rather than later!
              Make sure you let us know how you make out at the doctor, ok? Try not to worry.
              Day 1 again 11/5/19
              Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
              Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
              Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
              11/27/19: messed up but back on track
              12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Too Late

you can google just about anything and convince yourself you have all the symptoms,i do it all the time,no googling!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Too Late

So sorry you have this worry. As others have said, stop googling.

When I was a child there was an expression ' if it hurts....don't worry about it'. This is sound wisdom TBH.

I am a veterinarian and tumours rarely cause pain, which is why they are not diagnosed until they are large or have spread to a place where they are confined and cause pressure.

A close friend of mine had squamous cell carcinoma in her mouth from smoking, it was under her tongue and she ignored it for a year! It caused her no pain and was removed a year ago, she quit smoking and she is fine now.

Comment

Too Late

Thinking of you. It's torture worrying.. Hoping you find out good news and soon. xoxox
                    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                    ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Too Late

Keep the faith honey !
                      Meow-Meow
                      MonaKitty

Comment

Too Late

hang in there!
                        10-06-2012

Comment

Too Late

WMM - How are you doing today? How are you feeling?

Comment

Too Late

Big hugs x
                            AF since 2nd Oct 2012
                            Day by day

Comment

Too Late

AF DAY 1

Sorry its been a few weeks since my last panicked post, of course it ended up to be nothing but a parotid stone, thats what was causing the ear pain and the swollen lymph node that the dr couldnt feel, but i felt like it was going to blow right out of my neck. I still drank and smoked without hesitation for the last couple weeks. And now, im just plain old tired of being drunk every night, Its spring now, summer is coming, Kids are 5 and 8 and want there mom to play, which i do, while i drink wine outside and smoke cigarettes when my 8 year old gives me a break from playing football ( he drinks water, i drink wine and smoke on our breaks, i am settting a terrible example. By bed time, i think i have no idea what im doing and wake up the next morning wondering and trying to piece everything together , i was AF and smoke free yesterday, im going for day 2 today , i want to stop, i would like to moderate, I have no $$ til tomorrow. I am challenging myself to get thru a weekend without it..

Comment

Working...
                              X