Too Late

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too Late

Whitemarsh....I'm not going to lie to you, every single body that comes to this site is hoping he/she can moderate. The truth is, 99% of us can't do it. And even the ones that have some success with it are on some heavy duty drugs to do so. But that being said, what is recommended here is to begin with a 30 day AF period. That gives you some time to reevaluate your relationship with AL. If you are like most of us, we can clearly see after that period of time we are MUCH better off without it. You do not have to have AL to function (like I thought). I don't need it to be social, or to relax after a trying day. If you are like me, you have fought this a long time already and tried to moderate your consumption. Why don't you come on over to the Newbie's nest and join us there (link below) and get started! You won't believe what a difference 30 days can make. Check out the Tool Box, too, there are tips and coping skills in there to help you. There are also a number of posts from folks who have just finished their 30 days and how different their lives are, for the better!
    I will look for you over there....it sounds like you are sick of this ride! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Too Late

We are very much alike :-) I also have a 5 and 8 year old. And, yes, they need their moms. Good job on day two. I'm also early in my quit - about a week. I'm already feeling much better. Setting a goal for a sober weekend is a great way to start. Hang in there and try to enjoy each sober moment with your children. Even though they can be challenging, we are never going to get these days back. So, we need to make them the best we can.

Comment

Too Late

Shelbysmiles... I feel great after being AF for 2 straight days, i did my drinking after 3 or 4 , mainly wine, unless i was out and then anything my hubbie had , beer, whiskey would do....Today is Friday.. and I know the weekend can be tricky. How did you manage your 1st weekend? I love waking up and not worrying about what happened the night before, forgetting whether i fed my kids, knowing i passed out... How long has this been going on? What damage have I done to my children? Those are the feelings of regret and remorse that can throw us right back into the fire... I gave them bathes last night, cherished my 5 year olds face as i wiped the dirt off.. I had started feeling distant, I feel myself coming back, even though its only been a 2 days....I really havent had any WD symptoms, I hope i dont, reading about them scares, me... Did you have any WD symptoms? Congratulations on y our week!

Comment

Too Late

On the weekends I try to go to bed early. My husband takes over with the kids and I curl up in clean sheets and either watch tv or read a book. During the day, try to stay busy and eat! When I was drinking I hardly ate because I wanted to drink my calories. Now, I feel no guilt enjoying real food! Tonight we are BBQ at home. I'm stocking the fridge with tasty AF drinks. I'll spend some time with the family but I may go to my room if the craving gets too strong.

I do get withdrawals - not severe, but I get them. My last quit my BP went dangerously high. I get horrible panic attacks and complete exhaustion.

Stick with it tonight. Lets do this together. I'll be here off and on and you can always PM me. Think of how good you will feel tomorrow if you do not drink. Is a few hours of numbing out worth going through day one again?

Comment

Too Late

No numbing out is definitely not worth it and then trying to start over on Day 1... I know how hard that is, I've tried it a hundred times! I dont really have any plans tonight, my kids are having friends over, so i ll see what i can get into to occupy myself. I know my bedroom needs some order! Have A great evening!

Comment

Too Late

Hey Whitemarshmom,

A big congratulations and well done to you on 2 days AF. That is sensational. Just wanted to wish you all the best on your journey, and look forward to seeing you in the newbies nest or around the boards.

Have a read of our toolbox to help you through the weekend and beyond. Here's the link https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
              X