Does it ever end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it ever end

Just found out my son and his wife have separated. I have a Grandson just locked away for Drug Addiction,breaking and entering! Geez I feel like drinking Why NOT!! Life can be a bitch sometimes. Sorry guys to rant. Just needed to vent a bit!!! :l

Does it ever end

Jeez, that's tough, hadit! Sorry you're going through this. :l:l

All I can say is that alcohol never makes things better. You need to be a kind sober ear for your family right now and not drinking will allow you to be a strong role model for your family. Keep strong!
    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Does it ever end

Thanks Siren Appreciate it!

Comment

Does it ever end

Sorry you are having such a difficult time. Our first knee jerk reaction certainly is to drink. The problem is it never makes anything better. Not that I'm anyone to give advice.

I just wanted to let you know you aren't alone. Xo

Comment

Does it ever end

Live goes on whether we drink or not. Not drinking just happens to make it a lot more bearable and manageable.
          I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Does it ever end

Being clearheaded at a time like this is difficult, but necessary to deal with the problems at hand. Drinking is just "kicking the can down the road," and problems unfortunately have a tendency to snowball when you do that.
            In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Does it ever end

I am soooooooooooooo sorry Hadit
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Does it ever end

This must be very painful, Hadit. I'm so sorry, and I can certainly understand your wish to say "the hell with it!" I'm glad you chose to post here instead, which is a much better choice.

Hang in there, once the shock wears off, you will start to be able to deal with all this, and not drinking will make it much easier to manage.
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Does it ever end

How are you feeling, Hadit? I tried to send you a private message to thank you but it said you couldn't.

Comment

Does it ever end

Thanks everyone, Phin I am OK starting AB today. My GS is only 13 would you believe ? He has missed his childhood through drugs .Lives with his drug affected father. Just a nightmare. Will try to sought my PM out and Thanks

Comment

Does it ever end

This will be a great time to get sober...... That way you will have a straight head to try and help your GS when he is released.

He needs someone drug free in his life, so this can be your incentive.

Comment

Does it ever end

I'm so sorry Hadit. I can only echo what the others have said - being sober and there for him is the best thing for both of you. :h
                        There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                        You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Does it ever end

Thanks Guys, I guess my desire to stop drinking is a bit driven by the fact I see so,so many kids(and Adults) Drug and AL affected. I AM JUST one of them AND DON,T FEEL GOOD ABOUT IT ANYMORE. i guess in some ways I blame my own addictive personalty for my sons drug and al addiction and now my GS. Thanks again Started AB today so will be posting lots (and the odd rant if thats OK ):thanks:

Comment

Does it ever end

You can't blame yourself. It's either in them or its not. I am the daughter of a raging alcoholic and I didn't start drinking until well in my 30's after a traumatic event. My brother was addicted to drugs and alcohol from a young age, maybe 16. Some children of alcoholics don't overindulge at all.

It's not you. You're a good person with a small flaw but you aren't alone! Xo

Comment

Does it ever end

Thanks again Phin. I need to eradicate that kind of negative thinking !! It takes all kinds. I have seen heavy drinkers with parents who don,t take a drop and and the reverse. It does worry me though the amount of booze kids in this country are pouring down their throats.

Comment

Working...
                              X