Struggling today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Struggling today

Struggling a lot today. I've quit yet again. My struggle today is, can I really do it for good this time? I'm so disappointed in myself. I've spent some time reading here today and I've just become so discouraged. Is it really possible to totally quit? Hoping tomorrow will be a better day.

Struggling today

Yes, Ma'am, it IS totally possible to quit...and not be sorry about it! The last part took some time!
    I couldn't have done it without the support of this place. The Newbie's Nest, specifically. Link below. To realize there were other people out there feeling the same way as I was made all the difference.
    Distraction is your best friend right now. Keep your tummy FULL!! Stay hydrated and keep reading and posting. What day are you on?
    Understand that a little bit of struggling is so much better than a lifetime of dealing with that crap that drinking brings us. Please hang in there, and run on over to the Newbie's nest...it's very active and someone is always around!! Stay the course, you'll never regret it!! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Struggling today

Lizann;1541793 wrote: Struggling a lot today. I've quit yet again. My struggle today is, can I really do it for good this time? I'm so disappointed in myself. I've spent some time reading here today and I've just become so discouraged. Is it really possible to totally quit? Hoping tomorrow will be a better day.
      Don't feel discouraged Lizann, listen to Byrdie, join us in the nest. Read the posts and take them in. People like us have totally quit. Take the step towards freedom, you deserve it.
      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Struggling today

Hi, Lizann

If MWO is the main tool you are using to become AF, you've got to really USE it - and that means reading and posting .... A LOT! It seems to work best when you develop a commitment to the group here - and they in turn commit to helping you do this. This problem is just too big for most people to do alone. Most of us tried plenty of times before we finally realized we needed help. And, when you help others, you also help yourself.

Hope to see you over in the Newbies Nest that Byrdie and BHalo mentioned!

Comment

Struggling today

Put the " I cant drink ever again" out of your mind. That goal is just too far away. You need to surf the urges when they come, or changing the way your brain works.

It wont be easy, but it can be done, and the more times you are successful at beating the urge, the easier it gets to do it. And the urges will start coming farther and farther apart.

You are smack dab in the middle of the hardest part.....stay strong now, and you will only get stronger
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Struggling today

Lizann;1541793 wrote: Struggling a lot today. I've quit yet again. My struggle today is, can I really do it for good this time? I'm so disappointed in myself. I've spent some time reading here today and I've just become so discouraged. Is it really possible to totally quit? Hoping tomorrow will be a better day.
            Hey, hope you are feeling better today.
            Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Struggling today

Thank you Nelz. I made I through yesterday. I always find day one hard. I want to never drink again but I will take your advice and take it one day at a time. Almost through day two and feeling more optimistic today. Just kept myself very busy.

Comment

Struggling today

Lizann;1542146 wrote: Thank you Nelz. I made I through yesterday. I always find day one hard. I want to never drink again but I will take your advice and take it one day at a time. Almost through day two and feeling more optimistic today. Just kept myself very busy.
                Day one is one of the worst days because you are so close to that last drink, however it does get easier(and hard at times) and it is definitely worth it.
                I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Struggling today

:welcome: you've made that most important decision. Good job. You will never regret not drinking. Here are many wonderful people here to help you achieve your goal. I didn't think it was possible to not drink. But here I am still not drinking after 100+ days.
                  See you in the newbies nest?
                  No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Struggling today

Lisann, yes it is possible. 3 years, 2 months sober yesterday after drinking for 42 years. I struggled and was discouraged just like you, but I never gave up. You can do it too, rootin for ya.
                    Success is making yourself do the thing you need to do, when you need to do it, whether you like it or not.
                    If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything.

Comment

Struggling today

Lizann, keep going - you will never be sorry

I wasn't sure if I could totally quit either when I started - that was 1600 days ago.
                      If I can do it, you can as well

Wishing you the best on your journey!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Struggling today

Liaann,
                        there are several of us working toward an AF August (in the just starting out thread). In addition to the Newbies' Nest, this might be a good place to be in good company of others working toward a similar goal of AF living. Also, there are quite a few success stories -- I gain strength from reading about their progress.
                        Free at Last
                        "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                        http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Struggling today

You can do this!!
                          February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Working...
                          X