Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day four (roughly)

Hello from the Midwest.

A little bittersweet to be here, as you can understand. I have recently been cutting my problem down. I used to drink, mainly just beers, around 7-12 beers a day, almost every day for the past five years now. More recently, I drink every other or every three days, but sometimes it exceeds twelve..sadly. I'm not seeking medical advice, but I just wanted a general opinion. Its my fourth day cold turkey, and I think I'm doing alright. I'm not super shakey but I have a bit of a migraine. I tend to always sweat a bit, and have had panic attacks since before my first drink..so I'm used to the occasional one, although at the time I feel like I'm on the verge of death. I was wondering, strictly unprofessionally, if I may be in the clear for any nasty withdrawal after today. I don't want to drink only if I really should. I have gone four days before and have never had severe symptoms such as dts or anything like that. I just don't want to start having them in the middle of my work shift (I've worked the past two days already and survived) Thank you for your future input.

Day four (roughly)

:welcome::goodjob:logo, just wanted to welcome you! I personally can't answer that, but great job on joining MWO. I went to my doctor for help out of fear of those dreaded first few days. Scared the hell out of me.
    Sounds like you are doing great, but I am by no means a doctor! How is your heart rate and BP?
    Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing, I am sure others will be along to give you better advice. Sundays are not as busy on here as most days are. I wish you luck on your journey and hope you are doing well!
    Kdog
    Reflect upon your present blessingings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some

Comment

Day four (roughly)

Generally after four days the worst of the withdrawals are over, but I would check with your doctor just to be sure. Well done on 4 days.
      New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Day four (roughly)

logo88 welcome! You're in a good place believe me.

I'm no expert, but I'd say once you're through the first four days it will get easier rather than worse. I experienced headaches for a couple of weeks, as well as intense sugar cravings.

I'm thinking your cutting down prior to quitting has helped you a lot, good for you!

If you feel like some company drop by the newbies nest and say hello, it's a little busier than this thread.

Looking forward to hearing of your progress!
        Newbies Nest
        Toolbox
        My accountability thread

Comment

Day four (roughly)

Hey logo,
          Sounds like you're pretty much in the clear. The fact that you've backed off drinking to once every two or three days is a good sign. Plus, 7-12 beers (I assume 12oz. at 5.5% alcohol or roughly) is a lot but usually less than your average hard core alcoholic, unless you weigh 100lbs. Even if you are a lightweight, drinking your least amount of 7 oz. and then going a couple days without major withdrawals, tells me anyway, that you're going to be okay without much assistance. IMHO

Comment

Day four (roughly)

Just Starting Out

Went dry for six months and have fallen off the wagon. Very scary. Sober right now.:new:

Comment

Day four (roughly)

william2121;1552063 wrote: Went dry for six months and have fallen off the wagon. Very scary. Sober right now.:new:
              Hi William! Welcome to MWO. Why don't you join us over in the Newbies Nest...there are lots of people there with a lot of experience. We can help! Stick close!
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Day four (roughly)

Hi,

Withdrawal phobia was the reason I kept drinking, I was doing 600 ml of whiskey everyday. When I quit 12 days back, trust me, I looked like a fool with zero withdrawals. See a doctor, but don't let it scare u too much. That's my two cent worth

Vy

Comment

Day four (roughly)

each time different?

I have only tried to stop seriously about four times (by seriously, I mean more than a week). But each time it has been different. Last Christmas I suffered quite bad withdrawals, sweats etc?.in the summer I tried again and it was easy for 6 weeks, then I fell into the old 'I want to be normal ' bullsh*t. THis time, I've had very few withdrawals, but am experiencing quite bad mood swings? especially since the time around a week out when I decided once and for all - this is it! No turning back - prior to that I was fairly settled, since then I've been up and down (as we know, it's mostly psychological)?.

Keep plugging on ?all of us!
                  I gave myself a wonderful present on Christmas Day 2013 - a future free from the guilt and pain that alcohol causes....

Comment

Day four (roughly)

As explained by Chopden, mood swings are a common thing. The best way to cope with that is increasing serotonin (converts to tryptophan) in the body. My weapon of choice there is Sunflower seeds and grilled/roasted chicken/turkey

Vy

Comment

Working...
                    X