Betrayed My Girlfriend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Betrayed My Girlfriend

Does she not deserve the right to know? If she finds out later it will be just as bad, were not living together as we're too young too. If I were to die today and I didn't tell her I would feel terrible

Comment

Betrayed My Girlfriend

Do whatever you feel is best. You seem very young and indecisive. I can't tell you what to do. I'm 40...been there/done that and I'm trying to give you advice. Take it or leave it and good luck!

Edit: I am 41 (10 days ago...that means I'm even older AND wiser! LOL)
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Betrayed My Girlfriend

K9 and Kradle are dead on...let it go and move on
        The truth can be a weapon that is best left unused....
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Betrayed My Girlfriend

I see no point in telling her anything. Nothing happened. You act like you repeatedly slept with her. Time to move past this and heal yourself. Perhaps some bad judgment calls, but you didn't kiss the girl. Plus, there were tons of people in the room. Just let it go.
          AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Comment

Betrayed My Girlfriend

Honestly I think you may be way too young to handle a relationship if this is bothering you so much. From what you have said, I don't see anything you did wrong. You are too wrapped up in this. Sounds like you need to gain a little more life experience before you become so deeply involved with someone. She is not your whole world and if she is you are headed for serious heartbreak when/if this relationship doesn't work out. Two people come together in a relationship to enhance each others lives not be consumed by them.

I wouldn't tell her anything because you didn't do anything wrong. If you do tell her she might think more happened than what you are saying.
            AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Betrayed My Girlfriend

Thank you for the support, I don't want to feel like a bad guy anymore, I think I'm worried about her more than I am worried about me. She is the most beautiful girl and I become a different person when I drink heavily. I didn't come on this form because I have a drinking problem, but being on this form has made me see that more bad than good comes from drinking. You guys have supported me and I thank you for that. I will feel terrible if one of the guys who was there tells her but by then I hope she can understand it was a stupid thing that I did in highschool that hasn't been repeated since and will not happen again.

Comment

Betrayed My Girlfriend

I keep reading other relationship forums and they are freaking me out. They all say of you really loved her, you would have never done it and all those things. I can tell you for a fact that this is not my case. It has been a year and a half since this occurred and I have been drunk again and never done anything nearly close to this. I dont text any girls or anything. It was a bad circumstance on a bad day, but I still hate myself for it

Comment

Betrayed My Girlfriend

Get off those sites and stop freaking out. Like I said before, it seems you may be too young for a serious relationship if you can not get past this. Are you in college? If so they have counseling departments that you can go to and get free help. You really need to concentrate on getting comfortable with yourself before you can be a partner to someone else. I would also suggest that you stop getting drunk. That usually leads to trouble.

As I said before, if you tell her in the condition you are in she will probably think you did more than what you are saying. I hope you find some peace with this.

Comment

Betrayed My Girlfriend

FT- it does seem as though you are bound an determined to beat yourself up over what to many of old foggiest here ...um...I mean us experienced, venerable perveyors of wit hand wisdom... that your attachment to this year old event is indicative of another problem, unrelated to AL or being'in love'.

First- please get off those relationship forums: they really are a bunch of adolescent crap with lots of useless drama and bad advice... Grab a copy of Erich From..you'll see what I mean.

Secondly, stick close here and read advice and experience from around the world...remember sweetie- knowledge is perspective and perspective s strength...of course a little high priced therapy can't hurt too.

:l:h
                    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Betrayed My Girlfriend

What do you mean is indicative of another problem? And that forum seems to look quite interesting. Ill take a look thanks!

Comment

Betrayed My Girlfriend

Only because you are hanging so tightly honey and it is causing you pain above and beyond a healthy growing experience. That's really how you should look at it but it seems to have paralysed you...you seem stuck. That's what I am thinking...:h

...and I'm sorry I should have been clear: Erich From was a psychologist, philosopher (not a forum) who among other insightful works is best known for his book - The Art of Loving- it was sort of de figure reading in the 70's & 80's For people in love...which was just about all of us n college!!

Man I am dating myself! :nutso:
                        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Betrayed My Girlfriend

I just don't want to dig my self a hole so deep I won't ever be able to get out.

Comment

Betrayed My Girlfriend

FT - HOW can we help you? You are on the NEED HELP ASAP thread on a website for alcoholics...seeking relationship advice. Do you want to stop drinking? If so then please join us over in the Newbies Nest. I don't see your situation as critical so please don't take up our time and energy here.

Best of luck to you.
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Betrayed My Girlfriend

Relationships....are only as good as your love for each other......Good Luck. ( Me, I was a pimp daddy in my younger days....Ha!)
                              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Betrayed My Girlfriend

FeelingTerrible;1577153 wrote: I just don't want to dig my self a hole so deep I won't ever be able to get out.
                                What hole are you talking about? Go ahead and tell her if you just can't keep it to yourself. Just don't be surprised if she overreacts, cause thats exactly how you are acting. Seriously, this is such a minor thing, I can't even imagine how you would react to a real problem. Go talk to a counselor if you don't believe us. We have said over and over again you are overreacting and you just don't get it.

Comment

Working...
                                X