Can't sleep...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't sleep...

I am alone at home, my husband left for a work trip. I have anxiety, tension etc. I was on a drinking binge again, tonight I had 1 bottle of wine but sleeping effect is gone. Is almost 2 a.m. here and I have to get up in 4 hours. I don't have any sleeping pills etc. I feel miserable..
    The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
    /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Can't sleep...

Hi Audrey, nice to see you again!

I'm so sorry you're having a hard time. I'm not sure I have much advice since you have to get up in 4 hours. Lay as still as possible and at least rest, if not sleep. I hope you make it through the day ok. Thinking of you!

K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Can't sleep...

I've learned over the years not to fight the insomnia. If your body needs sleep, you will sleep. Read a book, fix yourself a cup of tea, do something soothing. There's been plenty of nights I've laid awake in bed, having taken nearly twice the amount of sedative prescribed to me by my psychiatrist and it didn't help. Hope your day is going ok.
      In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Can't sleep...

As Alky said when your body is tired sleep. I have found that i nod off at 7.30pm but wake again at 11am till 12.30 then nod off and then get up and go to work. still feel like a zombie but better than nothing. Until our bodies heal we have to put up with what it gives us back.
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Can't sleep...

Count backwards from 100. Amazingly effective! Good luck!!
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Can't sleep...

Thanks a lot K9Lover - I found your post this morning! Thanks dear!
            I had terrible night but thanks to MWO cd's i got some sleep after 3 a.m. waking up every hour till 6.30 a.m. I had very active day1 (I started Australian standards Cert4 in English Proficiency, so I have to be very alert in the class), stuffed myself with big portion of sushi instead of wine, went home, walked dog, even did some household and just finished my Independent Reading Assessment with written report.

Thanks Alky, Burdy and available for support! I hope tonight I'll sleep, at least much better than previous.
            Alky - I agree with you about sedatives. They could help me (like diazepam) but I am afraid to get another addiction. One is enough!

Comment

Can't sleep...

:waving:
              Hi Audrey!!!

Comment

Can't sleep...

I use 50 mg of 5htp,but you cant take it if youre on ssri's or if youre drinking,it works pretty good
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Can't sleep...

Thinking of you Audrey. I hope tonight is better for you. I had a restless night myself. I listened to a Quit Smoking hypnosis CD at 3:30 this morning, that knocked me right out. Every time I listen to it I fall asleep, although I am very curious to hear what it says. LOL

Anyway, hope you're doing better. Drink lots of fluids and make sure your tummy is full at all times! :h

Comment

Can't sleep...

Hello K9! Sorry for your restless night:l It's great that something works for you. :h I would be happy to love MWO hypnotic Cd's but I am not fan of that man's voice LOL
                    Subliminal and sleep abstinence really relaxes me.
                    I never had real addiction for cigarettes, ye.. I smoked when I was young, quit at 26 when I got pregnant and after that - just some periods of smoking, mostly because of smoking partner. I just stopped because no desire. Wish I could say about AL the same:H

Yes, thanks God, I slept some 6 hours without interruption last night and felt sleepy all day but i don't like day naps (especially afternoon at 5) so tried to stay awake. Feeling some cold because of crazy weather here - one day 34', next 18 and so on. And probably another reason is some mild withdrawal. Day2. Time for bed here.

Comment

Can't sleep...

I feel very, very depressed and sad today. Day3. After English classes I was alone again terrified by laughing and chatting people on the streets. I hated them. Was very near to drink..but I knew that's not the cure..At home, don't want to do anything. 6.30 p.m. I wrote my daughter on facebook very sad letter (she knows everything about me).
                      I start to dislike Christmas time too. All my life it was one of my beloved celebration after my daughter's birthday. In Australia for Christmas is different meaning. Different culture, different season,
                      no spirituality..And I know that I will be second Christmas without my daughter.
                      Today I had a thought to make nice cream soup - my mind is blur, my body is lazy and I cannot them together.

Comment

Can't sleep...

..connect them together.

Comment

Can't sleep...

Hey Audrey, hugs from me. I have not much tolerance for people either at the moment but it will pass. Your body is getting used to no AL. I am tired a lot of the time and I am sleeping pretty well but wake up feeling like I have been drinking.

Its sad when you cant be with your family at xmas. I have not had many happy occasions at xmas time so i dont look forward to it at all. Im not being a grouch but I will be happy when it is the 26th December.

AL wont make things feel better
                          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Can't sleep...

Hang in there Audrey, these feelings will pass. I'm glad you can be so open with your daughter. My relationship with my daughter has really helped me too...I'm very honest and open with her...it makes it so much easier.

I hope you can get some much needed rest tonight!

:h K9

Comment

Can't sleep...

hugs Audrey
                              you are not alone......
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                              X