Short-term baclofen cessation w/d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been taking baclofen for 12 days, between 30 and 60mg/day (average probably 35-40). I started taking it to help with another addiction (kratom, which is a mu agonist), but am now starting to worry about the bac itself.

I don't drink alcohol, smoke, drink caffeine, or take any other drugs. I'm a otherwise healthy 36-year old male.

I have no interest in baclofen other than to get off it. I've read other posts and lots of literature on the internet that suggests a slow taper over the course of a month or two. I just lived through 2 weeks of WD for kratom that included severe depression, extreme anxiety, restlessness, etc. Baclofen helped with the sleep and restlessness somewhat. The point is, I'd rather endure extreme discomfort for a short period rather than draw it out over a month.

I took 40-50g two days ago, 35g yesterday, and I'm at 15g for the day. Today I did notice some tingling in my hands and extremities which I know can be indicative of bac WD. Otherwise, I'm actually feeling less restless, depressed, and anxious than I have for the last two weeks.

What is the fastest taper for someone who's only been taking it for 12 days? Or better put, what symptoms should I be looking for that indicate a serious health problem (rather than something that can be muscled through with a little grit). I know I'm coming across as impatient - I'm just weary of being dependent on pills and would rather just cut it off and deal with a few miserable days, than to draw it out over two months and guarantee I'd be dependent.

Anybody else had experiences like mine?

Thanks, and best wishes to everyone else who's working to overcome their addictions.

Hi Mcfly,

There is a meds forum that has many baclofen users on it that can help you. They are not medical doctors so we cannot tell you what to so. We can give advise, since some have had to taper down or off for one reason or another. Tapering too quickly is not advised and can be dangerous. You are on a low-ish dose so it should be fairly easy.

See you on the meds forum!
    :welcome:

Sam

Comment

Thanks, I'll repost there.

Comment

Working...
      X