So Frustrating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Frustrating

Long story short last year I bought some AB lat year and had 6 weeks AF before running out of momentum. A few weeks later same again. So on a third attempt I also went to what we call Addaction for advice. They said stop taking the AB and seek advice from a Dr they also told me about councilling on the effects of alcohol on family members etc I grew up around alcohol so turned the councilling and decided the AA would bette as basically I was looking at something to fill the new none drinking time up. I went to one meeting and it seemed Ok but decided to go back once I had sorted the AB out with the Doctor. I waited for weeks to get an appoinment with the nursebecause the recptionist said to see a nurse and she told me I needed to see a Doctor, I finally saw a doctor today who said I needed to go to Addaction for advice and to stop taking the AB as I have started to get heart palpations and need tests as to why. I have only taken one pill but simply cannot stop drinking without it so dont know what to do.
    I did have a liver check whilst taking the AB and it came up good
    Its easier not to start than stop

So Frustrating

Hello---Welcome here. I would suggest reading as much postings as you can here...go to the toolbox and find ways to build a plan. Becoming sober and staying that way is a BIG DEAL and takes a few trys to "get it" Its alot to learn. I have read over 30 books and still consider myself a novice. You have come to a nice place...just stay here and ask anything and write anything. We will try and help you where ever we can.

Comment

So Frustrating

I find with AB 4 or 5 weeks not to bad and if in that time I can get other interests I think I will be Ok, but that is harder than it sounds for me lol

Comment

So Frustrating

gmc38609;1636850 wrote: I find with AB 4 or 5 weeks not to bad and if in that time I can get other interests I think I will be Ok, but that is harder than it sounds for me lol
        hi gmc, great to see you here it is a nice safe community. good work on the A/F time.
        take some time to feel your way around and read https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

there is heaps in the tool box of note. find a thread you like and keep reading and posting.
        AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

So Frustrating

This is a very helpful place. I don't want to tell you to take the ab if your dr. Said not to, but my hubby has been taking it for about 7 months. He takes 250 mg once every 7-10 days.
          He hasn't had any side effects, even drinks af beer, but that's him.
          I personally use friends and the ideas in the toolbox to help me.
          Check it out.:welcome:
          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

So Frustrating

Well strangely enough I continued to take the AB and not drink and the palputaions have stopped. In fact I feel great

Comment

Working...
            X