Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night Sleep Panics

Hey all..

Just a query regarding night sleep panics.. Don't know quite how to explain it but will try my best.. I've just gone past my 3 week mark of being AF & last night while sleeping I would suddenly wake up as though my heart had stopped & gasped for air. This happened about 5 times. Now, I have had this before but only during the first days of withdrawal. Anybody else had it later on in being AF. Just curious & if anybody has an explanation. :thanks:

Night Sleep Panics

Hi Jeremy,
    My husband suffered panic attack a lot years ago. He still has them once in awhile, but are very infrequent. This is a good question for your doctor, as I don't know if you grow out of them. I suppose stress on the body and mind are the causes. I know it's a scary thing, as hubby used to wake me up all the time when he had them just so I could rub his back and shoulders and that seemed to help. I know some people have to get in their car and take a ride. I guess whatever it is to calm your mind down will help you.
    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Night Sleep Panics

Congrats on your AF time Jeremy! Great job!

Have you ever been evaluated for sleep apnea?
      What you are describing sounds a lot like sleep apnea which can be caused by a lot of different things.

Just something to think about but definitely worth checking out with your Doc.
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Night Sleep Panics

Hi, I've been happily a.f. for some time, but I still get those panic moments when trying to sleep. My dr told me to not worry and have aft. naps, but I still get panic when I try. Not sure of the solution, but let me know if you find something that works.
        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Night Sleep Panics

I used to get those all the time (and it was before I became an alcoholic). I even had a heart monitor for 3 days to monitor what was going on. It was just panic attacks and I still get mild ones at night sometimes. I would definitely talk to your doctor, it gave me peace of mind to know it wasn't anything physical.
          AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Working...
          X