OK girls and guys, I need support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I last posted I bet I had 30 day 2's without AL. Pathetic. Nobody gets it. I want to quit so bad. I am destroying my life. I live alone now, so have no one to keep me happy or straight or care for me. I am (was) a professional. Great job. I got aged out (not AL related) but it pushed me over the edge, and my wife left me, which made everything worse. I swear, if she had given one ounce of support, I wouldn't be where I am today.
    So, I have been drinking tonight. I want to stop. I will use this thread to update my progress. I think Antabuse would help me, but I don't know how to get it. Perhaps K9 or other AB users can guide me. Sorry all. I am currently unemployed. This sh*t is keeping me from getting a new job.

Hey MLBetter.

I hear ya.

Here's a link below to one of a few antabuse threads here. If you enter antabuse, a few threads and posts come up.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...light=antabuse

Our toolbox thread is useful life saving reading too. Link below.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

The newbies nest in the 'Just starting out' section might be good support for you too.

Best wishes friend. You can do it. Get yourself a plan you can handle and go for it.

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thanks, man. I've read many of your posts G. thank you, thank you.

Comment

Hope it helps. There's lots of great info here.

Take care of yourself.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

I drink light beer, 4.2 percent Al. But I drink 8 or 12 of them, so that is a lot. And worse, it is every day. I find myself avoiding normal responsibilities and stuff. Scared to death. AA freaked me out. Other groups meet far to infrequently. I joined MWO maybe 3 years ago. I think this is the proper course for me. You people are wonderful.

Comment

I've been lurking on MWO for 2 or 3 years, so I know you G. Thanks Man!

Comment

MakeLifeBetter;1676662 wrote: I drink light beer, 4.2 percent Al. But I drink 8 or 12 of them, so that is a lot. And worse, it is every day. I find myself avoiding normal responsibilities and stuff. Scared to death. AA freaked me out. Other groups meet far to infrequently. I joined MWO maybe 3 years ago. I think this is the proper course for me. You people are wonderful.
              No worries mate. AL is AL isn't it, no matter how they dress it up. Yep, that's a fair bit of booze. For me, when drinking i was scared, depressed, anxious, a nervous shaking isolated mess. Just like most of us when drinking. Can you get your head around picking a day to stop?

Comment

hi MLB and welcome, settle in and head over to the newbies nest where you will get lots of support. Its not easy to give up al but being honest with yourself is a step in the right direction to become af. Once i realised that only i could become sober with help from here was i able to start that journey. Once i took full responsibility for me being an alcoholic and it being no one elses fault did i start to heal. its hard but doable. i was a 2 bottle of wine a night drinker and have been af for 7 months. i have spent 3 years getting to this place and i am so wish i had succeeded 3 years ago but i am so loving life now.
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Thanks G and Available. Your posts and support gave me tears. It is 5 am here. I will try to sleep. Thank you. I will check back tomorrow.

Comment

make sure you do please, if you take the support off mwo you are sure to succeed MLB, i have and Mr G has and its a great place to make friends and be accountable. get rid of all al before you sleep.
                    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Mwo has changed my life. It can do the same for you. The Newbies Nest is a wonderful place to hang out and receive the support you need. Having friends to support your efforts makes all the difference. :welcome:
                      I look forward to hearing more from you.
                      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

I am another life saved by MWO! Link to the Newbie's Nest is below. Hope you got some rest and are ready to begin a fresh new life! Take our hands, we won't let go! Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

MLB - :welcome:

Welcome and congrats on taking the step of reaching out to ask for support. You will find loads of support here on MWO. As others have said, the Newbies Nest is a great place to settle in and feel the love. There are several AB users and threads on MWO as well. The Toolbox will help you develop a plan and also help you develop skills for self-support.

You CAN do this!
                          Everything you want is on the other side of fear.

Comment

Don't give up on me please. I suck. I will be back.

Comment

Thank you all for your wonderful words of encouragement. I will beat this f*cker! Damn beer!

Comment

Working...
                              X