Still abstaining after all this time!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joined MWO July 2006 and quickly joined the monthly abs forum. I stayed with the community for the rest of that year, and found it an invaluable and essential part of my giving up. I just wanted to say I am still alcohol free and loving it! and I thank MWO community for the love and support. Anyone reading this and thinking of using this programme I say GO FOR IT!! love Carole

Good for you, Carole! Thanks for checking in. It's GREAT to hear about long-term success!

wip

Comment

I second that! I often wonder what happens to some of the long termers. Its great to hear that Carole. Thank you for sharing!
      And very well done!!
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Carole,

Can you tell us a little bit about how you decided to be AF instead of moderate and what has contributed to your success at being AF?

M03
        AF Since April 20, 2008
        4 Years!!!
        :lilheart:

Comment

Hi Carole,

That is very positive, I am glad you have posted here ... gives me the encouragement I need to continue.
          regards
          Heavenly
          ?We are one another's angels?
          Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Yes, I agree some of the long termers are the most important ones and some of the ones we hear from the least. It is so good to hear from you.
            I'm happy for you and respect the hard road you have been down. Congratulations and best of luck in the future. Hopefully you can still find some help in continuing your sobriety in visiting these boards again.

I personally find so much physical and spiritual freedom in every day that I am sober. But I admit that i don't post that much on long term abs, although I post there more than many others do. I am always disappointed that there is not a greater response there. Unfortunately, nobody seems to care much about it.

All I can say is Welcome. You can find peace and sobriety here - but with a whole lot or work and lots of friendship
            Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Well done Carole :goodjob:
              It's always great to hear of more long term success stories.
              I think its important for the long-termers to check in, to encourage and support.
              Mags..I come here often to see how everyone is going but I don't always have something to say but I do care how the journey goes for everyone.
              Good luck and love to all.
              Victoria xxooxx

Comment

Thanks Carole for checking in,
                I have another hero.

Comment

Yep. Thanks Sophie.. Hello to all, and hello to you Ms. Stollie! Nice to see you....

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Just like to say, I always read the posts/threads here, but because of other reasons I don't post much of my life story etc here... I am glad when anyone posts supportive, informative or helpful things.

Thanks to long termers and new starters and mods .... one and all, respect to you ....
                    ?We are one another's angels?
                    Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Mags, Sophia, & other long-termers: You can't imagine how much your posts mean to those of us who are in the early stages of sobriety. I don't post here that much, because I'm not long-term. I do read here very frequently & gain strength from the thoughts & insights of you folks who have been sober for a long time. Thank you. Mary
                      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

Stollies, so glad to see you.
                        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
                        X