Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What steps must I follow?

Hallo

I love my self when I'm sober,my live is organised and I give alot of attention to my 2 children,but after my firts drink theres no stop to it.I really want OUT.I just want to know if there is a program that will help me be sober for the rest of my live,cause i have already waisted alot of time and money on alcoholism.

I am very desperate
    Ousie

I think Sheri has said it all really ... But the most important is the 'will' to do it ... no amount of cd's, drugs nor support will help you to stop drinking unless YOU want to ....

Good Luck
    ?We are one another's angels?
    Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Ousie

You come here in such desperation but with such honesty. Believe me, I hear what you are saying. A few years ago, I thought I was trapped in this hell forever, but I did find a way out. It can be done.

At first I did it by white knuckle gut wrenching determination. That was so lonely and AA didn't help for me. Later, thank God, I found this website and found true friendship in my struggles and started taking the supps and eventually starting taking topamax, which has been a lifesaver to me in maintaining my long term sobriety. Every one of us finds our different paths. That is the beauty of this site - we all find our own way out. But that can make it difficult for one like you because we can't give you an automatic formula.

It does take a lot of personal strength and sacrifice, and that's where we can hopefully come in to support you. Stay on this part of this website. Some take meds, I think all of us have found the supps help a lot. Especially the kudzu and L-glut. Read RJ's book for sure. You can download it from this website.

There is never a good reason to give up. Just keep trying. Keep posting and keep talking to us. I personally would like to help if I can.
      Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Ousie, how are you doing ... I hope you are still around and getting support from somewhere or someone ? Let us know how you are doing ....
        ?We are one another's angels?
        Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Working...
        X