There are those

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are those

There are those of us who are just alcoholics. That is just who we are and what we are. There are those of us in the population who are not. They are just not. It is sometimes hard, very hard for one to understand another. We are quite different but always trying to bridge that gap and communicate in a way that makes our relationships loving and meaningful. But it can be difficult at times. Let's be honest. Apples and oranges sometimes.

Many of my friends here on Long Term Abs are in late stages of recovery like I am. But we have often been to the depths of hell and have fought back up and have had experiences that we can't even describe. That makes us in some way unique and very special. You can never describe that experience to one that has never been an alcoholic. They can love you and support you and share your pain, but never experience it. That's good. We would never want them to have to do that. Thank God there were there for us with their love and sobriety to see us through.

I think what I am trying to say is that we are a special group of people. A group who share so much even though we haven't met each other. A group who understand each other in the deepest ways. I value my friends here so much. It may sound a bit weird, but sometimes, let's celebrate, to some small extent, our specialness. For some reason, we got chosen for the ultimate challenge, but we took it head on, and overcame it.

God bless all of us who struggle.
    Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

There are those

Mags,

I so agree. Our condition does make us somewhat different than those who do not know or have this issue.

Like you, I have been through hell and back.

Although I am not a long termer, I will be. There is no doubt.

And yes, in a strange way I celebrate my life because I have to work so hard at this recovery, it has taught me things about myself and my worth that I would never have known.

It is because of MWO and my friends here that I have learned these things. That I am good, that I am not damaged goods, that I simply have a struggle some people don't.

I have friends here who understand and can help me through that struggle. I am happy when I can do the same.

My friends here know me better than any of my face-to-face friends. Without all of you, my life would be very lonely and miserable. Because of you, your understanding and your caring, I learned my life is worth the struggle.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

There are those

Mags, that was awesome. I hope all who are struggling and feeling down about themselves reads this. Beautiful, simply beautiful.

Love, Me
      :l
      Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

There are those

thankx mags very well put ..
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

There are those

What a wonderful post Mags.
          I dont think I would have got where I am without all the special people here that I am sharing my journey with.
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

There are those

Mags, I love your post

Comment

There are those

Thanks, Mags.
              Enjoyed reading that.

Winefree

Comment

There are those

I am embraceing your post, because I sometimes listen for the signs when my time is done with this struggle. Sometimes I can make sense in words and then it is followed by the confusion.

I just attempted to "chat" and I felt as I did not belong.
                It is like I am trying to find my people. I must find a way to seperate myself, my precious life from this.

I have had too many incidences that don't make sense, as I struggle to defend my actions.

I am not one in the "click" here and I don't mean that in any ill way.
                I am different.

But, I am unique somehow.

Just staying in touch~
                :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

There are those

I am embracing your post, because I sometimes listen for the signs when my time is done with this struggle.
                  I have followed threads to learn and then learn somemore.
                  Sometimes I can make sense in words and then it is followed by the confusion.
                  What works?

I just attempted to "chat" and I felt as I did not belong.
                  It is like I am trying to find my people. I must find a way to seperate myself, my precious life from this.

I have had too many incidences that don't make sense, as I struggle to defend my actions.

I am not one in the "click" here and I don't mean that in any ill way.
                  I am different.

But, I am unique somehow.

Just staying in touch~

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

There are those

Hi Mags,
                    'for some reason, we got chosen for the ultimate challenge'. I like that. I have met some great people here, and i correspond daily with a very special one from the other side of the world, who i share things with, and who probably knows me better than most 'face to face' friends. This is such a sacred place, and it is the people here, that make it so.
                    Best wishes............xx

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

There are those

Hiya Theme,
                      But you are 'in the click'. I am different, and unique also. Hello, my unique and different friend. You have a lot of fan's here. I am one of them. You are definately not alone there, my friend.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

There are those

That is sweet as it is kind.
                        Because of this disorder my actions could misrepresent my character in a moments notice.

I long for the longing that unfolds the unfoldment.

It feels ultimate , original and so peaceful~

I know that I need to be isolated, so I can formulate.

Friends so true, that understands the misery and can forgive being a mess and then more so.

This enemy is powerfull.

Beautiful post, Mags.
                        To feel special, again~

Comment

There are those

Great post Mags. Thanks. It is so true.
                          Starting over again
                          ray:

Comment

There are those

That was absolutely a superb post and makes more sense than anything I've read anywhere about the problems we face. However, there's so many people that don't suffer from a drinking disorder and completely don't understand, or give the proper support, or say the right things when needed. It already hurts to know what we have to deal with, so having to hear how bad we are or how bad we've done isn't always the right thing to say. I sure am fortunate and so happy I found this place with immediate friends and a family of people who really do understand, and say the right things at the right time! Thanks Mags :thanks: !!

Comment

There are those

excellent post mags,coundent agree more, don't know where i would be without the support here,it makes a huge difference and i do feel stronger for being here

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                              X