No more fog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more fog

Today i no longer keep myself in a fog of alcohol to protect myself from my own painful feelings.In my fog i was unable to get things done,I was usually late,I had trouble making decisions and moving on with my life.
    In my fog,i did not have clear answers to questions and did not really know what i was feeling,I found it hard to be straight with other people and ask for what i wanted.
    Since we have been willing to move towards abstinence,we discover our buried feelings and the fog is beginning to clear.
    It will be hard to experience feelings that we haven't felt in a long time but it will be worth it to have my self and my life back,begin slowly to enjoy this life again.
    We will discover that this can only be done with the help and support of others.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

No more fog

Mario, brill post.
    And the feelings lose their power when we face them dont they?
    I doubt I would be sober today without the support of everyone here.....
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

No more fog

Great post Mario !!! I made it thru a REAL ROUGH YESTERDAY cause of all of you guys and the wonderful support I get from being on this site ........Thank you all from the bottom of my heart !!!!
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

No more fog

bump

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

No more fog

Yes I am on day 10 and just starting to remember parts of myself that seem to have been long absent. Its good to be eback
          I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

No more fog

Raven.joy;713794 wrote: Yes I am on day 10 and just starting to remember parts of myself that seem to have been long absent. Its good to be eback
            Raven.joy -

Yes, that is a wonderful feeling. I love hearing little success stories. Congrats on the 10 days and keep it up!

Much love!!!
            ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Working...
            X