our own wealth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

our own wealth

We have surrounded ourselfs with many luxuries,to enhance our lives;microwave ovens,color tv,s,clothes,jewelry and so on.We may have purchased these items even if we coundent really afford them, just as long as we could have them & use them. Some of the things that are also important to us are our negative emotions, depression,self pity,selfishness,ungratefulness,or anger.But what if we had to pay for the luxury of feeling each of these feelings?would we be able to afford a week of self-pity,an hour of anger,or several minutes of selfishness? The value we place upon the material things in our lives can also be placed on the emotions we feel each day & night.Our positive emotions can enrich us,but our negative emotions will leave us in debt........Being sorry for myself is a luxury i cant afford

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

our own wealth

Mario there is an old saying that goes 'your health is your wealth' This applies to our mental health too imo. Seeking negative emotions and raking up the past to self flagellate ourselves with does nothing to enhance our mental well being. We all need to be in a good place mentally and spiritually to tackle this alcohol abuse problem head on.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

our own wealth

How very true Mario...its making me think right now...
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

our own wealth

thanks mario... food for thought
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
        X