Change your life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change your life

Overcoming alcohol dependence doesent just mean stopping drinking.it means changing the way you live and your outlook on life.
    Many people still feel a strong urge to drink alcohol for quite some time after they have taken the decision to give up.An analogy has been drawn between this urge to drink and the feeling of frustration and anger shown by a wild tiger confined to a cage.
    If life without alcohol occaisionally makes you feel like the caged tiger,you are not alone.Many people who have succeded in giving up alcohol felt like this at first.The solution is not to fight the feeling,but to change your life.This means focusing on the positive things that gives you more health,vitality and enjoyment for the things you choose to do.
    Developing a positive plan of action is the first all important step,try a few of these
    eating well
    enjoying some exercise
    taking relaxation and advoiding stress
    developing a positive attitude and surrouding yourself with positive & happy people
    getting a good nights sleep
    Remember these five points and develope your own personal action plan for a change of lifestyle

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Change your life

Wonderful post Mario! I've read "Your Story" and you sound so positive and upbeat from the life you used to lead. Stay happy and healthy!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Change your life

Great advice Mario!
      Its the simple things in life that will keep us on the right track isnt it?
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Change your life

good food for thought mario ..
        i agree 150%%%%%%%
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Change your life

mario you write some very interesting posts,but sometimes to help urself you need to reread what you have posted, i dont mean dis in a bad way. good luck :goodjob:

Comment

Change your life

The solution is not to fight the feeling,but to change your life.

Very easy and inspiring words, Mario. And I have been reading your posts and greatly admire your spunk and your aplumb. You are truly are sparkplug here which we all need. I admire you for that. We all need that enthusiasm and it is so good to hear. We abbers need to hear from people like you.

We welcome all on long term abs. I have no idea how long you have been AF. I always welcome the euphoria that comes with the first couple of months with AF life. That is a truly wonderful experience. One that can only be savored by those of us who have wasted too much time with the bottle.

You sound like you are on the right track

eating well
            enjoying some exercise
            taking relaxation and advoiding stress
            developing a positive attitude and surrouding yourself with positive & happy people
            getting a good nights sleep
            Remember these five points and develope your own personal action plan for a change of lifestyle

I wish it had had always been so easy. I wish you very good luck and and here for you anytime you need me. Just PM me whenever you want to.
            Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Change your life

Thought this might help some newcomers.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Change your life

Bump
                I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

Change your life

Another great post Mario! The things you list are certainly key to my getting and staying sober.

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Change your life

Great Post Mario

Comment

Working...
                    X