Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

day 16

g morning all.
    i am doing fine and i hope everyone else is too.
    i had a little help w/my sobriety this week-end. my dad drank almost an entire bottle of whiskey starting friday night.
    it was GREAT for me to see how things progressed for him... i know this sounds terrible.
    but it is clear evidence for me of what an entirely useless pass time this is!
    dad has been doing better actually, not drinking in the week. i guess he is trying to moderate too? i'm not moderating by the way i can't. it simply doesn't happen.

i am seeing benefits:
    clear headed mornings (although often still tired due to lack of REM sleep still!)
    no food cravings/binges
    eating at home, exercising regularly (although i almost always do that anyhow), and losing weight! bonus bonus!
    and i am spending much less on food and of course, wine.
    so i'm spending on sprucing up the house which is getting quite nice!

so. it's all good and worth it.
    on september 6th i will make 30 days af ( i hope).
    one of the things that is keeping me on the straight and narrow is now i know that if i drink it will be not one day but MANY days of drunkeness and i just can't deal w/that thought just now. too much else to focus on.

day 16

Well done 1967, you are making some real progress here.
    I am sure you will make your 30 days (and beyond) there seems to be a quiet determination in your attitude that is shining through.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

day 16

it's funny you should say this startingover... this is what my doctor said when i saw him for the stablon.
      he said 'i don't know what is going on with you, but you seem determined to find a solution!'

Comment

day 16

Well, I think your Doc is right
        Good stuff!
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

day 16

thats awesome 67 and really it great to look thur the looking glass at times ..
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

day 16

yeah, tlrgs, it is good to have a look in the looking glass!
            enjoy ur sunday... i'm working for now creating a new course and trying to live in the moment, meaning enjoying the process!
            and having peppermint tea! yummy!! normally i'd crack open a nice pino griggio around this time!!
            in the old days that is!

Comment

day 16

Hi, 1967-

Congrats on your success! I agree that sometimes seeing in others what AL does is awfully motivating to me. So, no it doesn't sound terrible, I know you don't wish any misery on your dad.

I'll be 30 days AF on september 7, so I'm a day behind you. Let's keep going for that first 30 days- and many more after!

Much love!
              ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Working...
              X