A learning process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A learning process

The last week i have been feeling pretty down but i have learned this.There are times when we simply do not know what to do,or where to go next,Sometimes these periods are brief or last a few days.We can get through these times,we can rely on our program & the disciplines of recovery.We can cope by using our faith,other people and our resources.
    Accept uncertainty.We do not always have clear direction.Refusing to accept the inaction and limbo makes things worse.
    It is ok to temporarily be without direction,Say i dont know and be comfortable with that. We do not have to try to force wisdom,knowledge or clarity when there is none.
    While waiting for direction,we do not have to put our life on hold.let go of the anxiety & enjoy life.Relax.do something fun.enjoy the love & beauty in your life.Accomplish small tasks.they may have nothing to do with solving the problem,or finding direction,but this is what we can do in the interim.
    Clarity will come.The next step will present itself,indecision,inactivity,and lack of direction will not last forever.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

A learning process

That is so true, mario.

Probably the most useful thing I ever figured out in my life was that worrying does not help solve problems. Everything in my entire life got better after that. I was no longer so "stuck" when I could not
    fix all my problems. Sometimes it helps so much to just back off, relax, do anything else for the moment or the day or whatever. When you realize life just isn't always gonna be perfect, it's easier to accept it just is what it is sometimes, and maybe you just need to ride it out for the moment.

Much love
    ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

A learning process

Exactly Mario, well said.
      Without al in my body anymore, i'm feeling good, naturally. If i lose direction, which happened a lot in my earlier af days, (less so now, cause thankfully i've found my path) i try to just be. It can feel great just being, just being on the planet, alive and kicking, and never, ever forgetting where we've been with the bottle.
      Best wishes........

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

A learning process

how ironic mario, i'm feeling exactly as you infer in ur post.
        sunday nite and it's just me.
        i'm going to read....gotta get outta this funk.

Comment

A learning process

well when those moments happen the best thing i like to read ..
          is this ..
          O God and Heavenly Father,
          Grant to us the serenity of mind to accept that which cannot be changed;courage to change that which can be changed, and wisdom to know the one from the other, through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

A learning process

This is a brilliant post Mario.
            I spent the last few years with my life on hold and not knowing which way to turn next. When I stopped stressing (and drinking) about it and allowed things to happen at their own pace, I noticed I was moving forward naturally.
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

A learning process

That's so very true Mario, and so very hard to do at times. My life has been on hold too as starts describes, I have found it very difficult to let go and allow things to happen because I was always 'making' things happen before.

I have realised though that in times where there is little outward activity there is much occuring on the insude. I try to be in the flow of life now but I still find it hard at times.

Good for you Mario to have learnt this, it is so much more powerful to experience something and learn it than to have just read it somewhere.
              I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

A learning process

Mario, you rock. :l
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                X