goin' into another week...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi 67- If you lose power, just write us all a long story when it's back on (or break out the old quill and inkwell by candlelight). Think of it as a chance to come up with more great ideas, and maybe take another deep breath if you need to!

Writing is therapeutic in so many ways. You see yourself as if from the outside, and then often see ways to go about solving issues differently. Kind of like when another person asks what would you do in their particular situation. But that's one thing that's so great about MWO, you see so many people struggling with similar issues, and input that may be totally different than what you come up with on your own, or may reinforce what you know is the right thing to do. Just coming here and reading I learn something every single day, about life, or human nature, but mostly that we are not as alone as we think.

Seeing our own little habits in writing is a little disconcerting, but as long as we are working to get rid of the nasty ones (like drinking), most of the others are really just quirks that make us unique individuals. If they don't cause problems, they're probably OK. That's my excuse anyway!

Stay safe, hope the power's not off too long!

Much love! - Dance
    ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

We didn't get much at all from this storm except a day off! whoopie!!

i stayed up late working on my website and spent most of the day on it.
      it finally good good, not exactly how i want it, but good.
      i've still got 1.5 big Excel projects in front of me and it's not cooperating.
      i need to research the problem, it's a bit of a blessing as it allowed me to finish the website.
      step two.. .tomorrow is friday and i've no idea what i'll do w/myself?

Comment

67!

Happy 30 days to you (I get lost as to which thread is which, sometimes, so I'll say it here as well!)! Keep hanging in there!

MUCH LOVE!!! -Dance
        ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

hi dance!
          well i didn't do anything fun this week-end.
          not good.
          i know.
          i did make the decision that i will get certified to dive though. i sent an email and am awaiting a reply.
          i don't want to do just a resort course.

i kind of took it easy yesterday and worked today.
          not on my artwork though.
          this is something else i have to do for myself.
          i learned friday nite i had another paper of sorts that i had to submit before midnight.
          i NEVER would have imagined i would be so burdened w/work returning to the Caribbean!
          who ever heard of working hard in the west indies?
          me, that is who!

i need to pace myself.

it is exciting that i made it to 30 days (w/one mess up we won't focus on because there have been more good days!!)

it is easier this time, i think it's because of the stablon.
          not that it matters.
          i am quite tired tonight.... i think i'm going to start to look at weekly goals.
          my mess up last friday nite will be my friday reminder.
          i'll be waking up sober again! whoopie!

Comment

Hi, 67!

Hope it's going well for you this week! Monday was a holiday here, which I always have to remind myself of, since I'm self employed (even when work is slow!). I went out to lunch, came back and thought I'd catch up on MWO, but my brain just wasn't engaging, and I ended up watching Law & Order for three hours. I realized the next day I should have made it a point to exercise even a little, I could feel what was one of my major drink triggers kicking in. Oh yeah, I was also out of my flavored sparkling water (with orange slices or mint leaves, my fabulous new "cocktail"), and that's my new "reward" of the evening. I was missing it like wine, just knowing I had no access to it, it was very irritating. Be prepared, I guess!

Tuesday and Wednesday I had a lot of business stuff to catch up on, and didn't want to sit down at the computer for too long, cause I always lose track of time (which is why I stay off it at night mostly, or I'm up forever!).

On the good side, though, I passed my first 30 days AF (YAY!!!). Guess I need to aim for 60 days as a new goal. Ya ready? One foot in front of the other, step by step..... Having a concrete goal and accountability definitely helps, probably even more as the novelty wears off, knowing me.

That's great you sent off for info on the diving. I find just getting started is as much my problem as the follow through. If that's more of a local or serious thing as opposed to a quickie thing for tourists, that probably is better, it'll give you more of a long term activity.

Keep in touch!

Much Love!!! - Dance

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

heya.
              i've done fine this week.
              still thinking about drinking, but it pass quickly.
              congrats on the 30 days! that is really great! i made 30 days myself on Sunday.
              i'm looking at things now on a weekly basis.

i have been craving lemonade for some reason? i drank 1.5L today.
              try and make sure you have what you need on hand so you don't stress yourself.
              i've also been sucking on these lemon no sugar hard candies too. they don't taste good but i have one when i'm feeling anxious. it kind of puts things in perspective.

i HAVE to exercise even w/the anti depressant. i do one hour of cardio almost everday, if not, i notice my thoughts are messed up.

i can only get Padi certification locally, so i'll do it.
              i take the first step on sunday which is getting in the pool w/gear and seeing how comfortable i am.
              next step is an open water dive.
              oh, and my first classical ballet class if friday nite.
              i'm guessing they won't be serving wine?
              hehe!

i think the diving is a good idea because it will get me out of the house, and give me something to go do off island. also, it makes you really sleepy so i'll want to go to sleep in the evening instead of trying out a local bar. sounds fair.

I know what you are saying about getting online in the evening. I am feeling a bit stronger so if I need to rest, better to go to sleep early. I find I still need that escape time though, and now that I'm sleeping at night it gives me the 'off time' that I need.

glad your doing so well too!

Comment

Way to go, 67!

8 hours sleep, exercise, not being hung over, amazing what that does for us. Sounds like we're both staying hydrated, too, HAHA!

That's great you've got two things planned for the weekend. I find anything that tires me out physically is good for getting in some really restful sleep, even without the wine (or beer in the summer, since it's so dang hot here). Actually it's way better without the wine, I just used that excuse, even when I knew I could get to sleep with no effort, I'd stay up and drink first.

I have a riding lesson planned for Saturday a.m. and I'm going to go watch a friend's horse in a show Sunday morning, so I've actually made daytime plans (morning no less!). I guess if I sleep and don't feel like crap in the morning I can accomplish a lot. I am visualizing a little light bulb oner my head and a thought bubble saying, "and this took you HOW LONG?" HAHA! As long as it's not criticizing!

Have a good weekend!

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

update:
                  ballet and then jazz class tomorrow night.
                  it's friday and i do not have to get up saturday morning so i will take both classes.
                  i'm looking forward to it!

good you've booked activities too.
                  i'm getting wishy washy on the diving... no! i should go!

i used to ride too. I still fantasize about owning my own horse.
                  ah, that would be great.
                  i know what you mean about making morning plans.
                  i had the same thought when the guy wanted to meet sunday morning at 9. i thought 'hey wait... i can do that... it's not like i'll be hungover."
                  weird how i used to count on working around hangovers.
                  not good.

it's finally friday.
                  whoopie.

i am almost glad i had my first slip up on a friday night.
                  now that is what reminds me to watch out at the beginning of the week-end!
                  enjoy!

Comment

Sounds like fun! Maybe have a hot bath and a cup of relaxing tea after. I do that (if I've got the energy to get all that ready) whenever I've "discovered" new muscles. You'll sleep great, too.

You can always go just check out the diving, and if you feel you've got enough going on with the dance classes, save it for later, or next month or whatever. It will a great time for all of us when we're so busy and socialized out we look forward to our "quiet time" as just that, a recharge, not boredom or a temptation to drink. Just do what feels right, you'll know if it's too much at once. You never know until you try, though.

This is funny too, I've found as I try to give advice, I start to notice other fun, often free stuff to do around here. I need to start my own "to do" list for fun as well as work or household or whatever. Coming here is so therapeutic and I'll be such a great person if I just follow my own advice, HAHA!

My riding lesson's probably rained out, since it was soaked out there last night, and the power was knocked out, and we're supposed to get 3 to 5 inches of rain between today and tomorrow. The show is in a big covered arena, so that will go on most likely, and I can go watch that tomorrow also. Some of my trainer's upper level horses are going to be there, so I can maybe get inspired for my lessons with him next weekend. I just wanted a little tuning up this week with this other woman, cause I've been kind of a slacker all summer, and now especially want a little more structure. Me and this other lady at my barn are trying to motivate each other to keep at it, and she's not even a drinker - so I guess it's just regular life stuff. Middle aged women on old horses (mine's still in great shape mostly, hers is bigger and has more joint issues). Don't get me talking horses, I'll never stop! :H

That's great to use the Friday night slip as a reminder only, and see the AF days as counting for a lot more! Awareness is our friend. The ability to know any of our potential pitfalls, and admit to them and move on is a big step in keeping with the program. Especially the moving on part.

Thanks for listening, have a wonderful time, and let's just marvel at the wonder of fun in the a.m.! :rays:

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

oh lordie! dance was fine but too hard!
                      i need an easier brush up class for a while. i did fine w/the bar work but the floor was too hard!
                      i totally forget the names of the steps!!
                      and the lady is dutch shouting out the steps in French. i speak french but her accent is throwing me off.

i'm glad I went though!
                      i really am.

i will try the Wednesday nite class in two weeks. this wednesday nite we have an event at work.
                      bummer. i will try to take the stretch class on sunday morning.

oh and i got the dive manual to read.
                      he bailed on me for this sunday, he has a charter which is fine.

i hear you on following our own advice!
                      its a drag you'll be rained out! and i appreciate your comment about ur friend who doesn't drink and still needs to motivate herself. good point.

so are we both on the same number of AF days?
                      sunday will be 37 days, right?
                      wow. that seems like a lot. but now i know it's just the beginning.
                      my little weiner dog wants to go to sleep (she demands cuddle time before!)
                      i'll check in tomorrow.
                      ur right, i'm beat and my brain needs to rest now. good nite!

Comment

A little hard work is good for us! You may be ready for a long hot soak tonight, though! Sometimes a day or two later I really feel it. But the good thing about things like ballet (or any dance form probably), it is something to do long term. Dressage, which is the type of riding I do now, is real detail oriented, and more physically demanding than it appears to non riders (or sometimes to riders in other disciplines). Sitting very still and controlling very tiny movements of your seatbones, sometimes against the movement of the horse (do it my way, horsey), is a lot of work, and if not done regularly, can leave you pretty sore!
                        I like that it's a lifelong sport, there's always another level to go, or another horse to bring along. Plus it's less risky than jumping, which I'm feeling a little old for these days! :H

The show tomorrow should still be going on, since it's an inside facility, the outside classes might just run later. So, a couple of us are still planning to go watch our friends. Probably be recruited to dry the horse before they go in the ring, since she was planning on just trailering in, didn't rent a stall, so he might get wet tied to the trailer! Good thing we all find horses fun!

That's cute about you little dog. They like their little routines just so, don't they? My bedroom kitty likes to lie on me 15 minutes when I go to bed, and 15 minutes before I get up. My living room kitty likes me to have coffee in my chair so she can sit in my lap.

Have a good weekend! - Dance

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Actually I have 36 days Sunday, I started a day after you did. But that makes it easy to remember, cause the end of every Saturday equals one week. It still is amazing to look at the numbers in writing, but to me, seeing is believing (being visual learner and all!).Whoohoo, indeed!

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

hi there. i agree a little bit of work is good for us.
                            fortunately or unfortunately, it seems i work non-stop.
                            i won't get into the details but i work with children and that is some days 11 hours, and most others 12 hrs. i want to get back to dance as a new mode of escape which is good for me. the diving is the same idea. that should really 'take me away' i hope!
                            i've worked most of the day today at home. i was thinking if i do it today then tomorrow i can finish up without feeling pressured.
                            now i just don't want to do anything else. next week M-Th will be longer than 12 hr days.
                            i count working hours from the time i get up actually, just because even if I'm not there i'm getting into work mode, thinking about what i have to do that day... already stressing.

i love horse too, and have ridden on and off. it's a fantastic workout!~ it is the expense that usually stops me. it is very expensive to ride in manhattan and the caribbean.

omg i have SO many cats!
                            it's nuts!
                            one indoor dog and cat and too many outdoor animals!
                            oh well, i'm doing my civic duty and yes i have them neutered at $80 a head.
                            lordie!

Comment

Hi, again! Actually I meant work as in exercise, not the other kind. The kind that's fun, more than the job type. That always seems to be all or nothing.

Horses are expensive in one way or another. Here where land is more plentiful, it's cheaper than lots of places, but I end up driving 20 miles one way, so you always have to factor gas and time. But it's something I want to do any way I can, so I always find a way. Just never, ever total up your yearly expenses!

You do know cats have some kind of underground communication system that tells them if they give you "the look", you can't turn them down? Apparently all of the ones around here do. A friend told me be careful, I could turn into a cat lady. Probably already have!

Well, get some rest, sounds like you've got a very busy week ahead, and hopefully a little relaxation.
                              I'm going to sleep now, so good night!

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X