The journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The journey

Success sometimes seems like a collection of products,or a place that you can get to or buy.When we are small we think we will be happy when we can finally turn over or walk or go to school.Then its been old enough to date or drive or finish school- that really feels like success.
    Some people think success is getting married.that's when they really will be happy, or that real happiness comes when a baby finally arrives,
    maybe we;ll be successful and happy when we get that job or promotion,or when the kids finally leave home and we have some peace,Success might be when the house is finished or when we retire, The golden years--that's it. That's when we reach success.
    Success is every minute you live,its the process of living,its stopping for the moments of beauty,of pleasure;the moments of peace, Success is not a destination that you ever reach, success is the quality of the journey.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

The journey

Good post Mario. We're always striving for something better and forget to appreciate what we have, here and now.

Comment

The journey

Yes, it is the life we live that means everything .... in my religion it means where we will end up after death ... that's just me, but I agree with you Mario .... we should always strive for a better life and in turn this will give others happiness too .....
      ?We are one another's angels?
      Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

The journey

So, so true. Thanks, Mario.
        ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

The journey

amasing what sobriety brings,people actually see whats going on around them,rather then living in an elusion,very well put mario,have a wonderful day gyco

Comment

The journey

Brilliant, Mario!! And it is absolutely true! As I approach 2 years of sober living, I am ever aware of how wonderful it is to live in the moment and appreciate each day. With a clear head, we are no longer living for our next drink and then fighting to overcome the nasty depression and illness that follows. With a clear head we can overcome obstacles and appreciate the figts that each day is sure to bring!
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Working...
            X