Assumptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assumptions

What do we think we know about other people ?
    Do we see peoples faces and decide we know exactly what they are thinking or feeling ?
    Do we see strangers and assume they think,act, and live in a certain way based on how there dressed ?
    Do we assume that the people we see everyday are showing us all there is to know about them ?
    We often make more assumptions about people close to us. we believe that because someone is our wife,daughter,husband,mother, son,father,lover or friend, that person will think feel or act in a certain way. When it doesn't happen we often become angry.
    We may be missing out on happier relationships by choosing our assumptions over reality,Only by letting go of our assumptions about others can we become open to who we really are.
    Let go of assumptions and allow others to show you who they really are

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Assumptions

wise words Mario, thank you

Comment

Assumptions

We may be missing out on happier relationships by choosing our assumptions over reality,Only by letting go of our assumptions about others can we become open to who we really are
      Very true Mario. Thanks for the post.
      AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Assumptions

I think of these sorts of assumptions as a form of control and abuse, yes abuse. No one can read the mind of another and frankly, no one has that right. Yes, it is true, we may understand those close to us and in some circumstances we might believe we know what choices they would make. But, quite honestly we have no right to think or make decisions for anyone else based on our assumptions. I also believe that the victims of such assumptions tend to feel taken for granted.

Truly, to make any such assumptions regarding people we either know well, or not well at all is a pretty arrogant way to live!
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Working...
        X