Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sugar cravings!

Hi guys,

Thanks to Deebee's sugar thread in the holistic forum, I'm more than a month sugar-free and alcohol-free. I now believe addiction to simple sugars and simple carbohydrates is the fundamental cause of our problems with alcohol. Since I've limited them in my diet and leveled out my blood-sugar level, I have more energy all day long and don't even think about alcohol.

In Deebee's thread, there is a link to a Dr. Olson's (holistic-not medical) website who has a 30 day sugar-free plan; I highly recomend it. It's amazing how much sugar is hidden in prepared foods. For example, a co-worker's Lite yogurt had 28 grams of sugar, with 30 grams considered a healthy daily limit. There's lots of information about sugar on the web; much of it is pretty disturbing.

From what I've read, simple sugars and simple carbohydrates harm our liver in the same way alcohol does. Again, search the web and reach your own conclusions. I strongly endorse Deter's reccomendation to add lecithin to your diet as well as milk thistle seed extract. Love your liver, it is fundamental to good health!

Tom

Comment

sugar cravings!

:goodjob: WOW , I'm so proud of all of you !!!!!!!!!!!!! Every post I read makes me smile , 3 years !!!!!!!!!!!!:goodjob: :yay::wd::wd::wd:
      Non Drinker 9/09
      Non Smoker 6/09
      Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Working...
      X