My Expectations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Expectations

When we expect others to think, feel,or act in certain ways, We can set ourselves up for disappointment. Our expectations have nothing to do with who other people really are, but rather reflect who we are and what we want.
    When others dont live up to our expectations,we often become angry with them,They have disrupted our plans ,disturbed us, and are not doing IT the way we want it done, or quick enough for us.
    Expectations close of our ability to let others be themselves and to see them as they are.
    If we let go of our expectations and allow others to be themselves, our relationships can grow,there will be no need to control outcomes,We can discover each other as we really are, Free of expectations and judgements, We can be open to pleasant surprises.Others may not be whatever we expect them to be, You never know they maybe even better.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

My Expectations

This came at exactly the right time for me today...thanks Mario!!!!!

I have a avoided a bloody big row!
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

My Expectations

one2many;1062272 wrote: This came at exactly the right time for me today...thanks Mario!!!!!
      What lard-arse said
      The timing of this post is excellent.
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

My Expectations

hi mario it s what you call growing hahahah with sobriety we all no whats rite from wrong ? xcepting the inevitabe is a nother thing,as you progress in what your doing it will not matter what others think,a blind eye i beieve hey call it

Comment

My Expectations

I like the saying 'expectations are resentments waiting to happen.'

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
          X