100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lavande;1622335 wrote: Snow day here - AGAIN!
    C'mon Spring
    Amen!

Comment

My new boss is a real dick. Ugg.
      I dont understand people who get into management using negative motivation. Arseholes!
      There, I feel better. Hope everyone is having a good evening! B
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Our next snowstorm arrives tomorrow night, then another bigger one Sunday night.

But hey, I planted some cold starting seeds in yogurt cups today. I put them out in the garage window under loose plastic, and they will sprout beginning in late March.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hey Byrdie, I hear you. I work for one of the most joyless people the devil ever created. A class "A" one! I'll never understand people like that. You know what floats to the top!
          "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
          AF 11/12/11

Comment

:H:H:H
            Thanks Pinecone. S#!+ sure does float to the top! Bahaha!!!
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Had my share of jerk bosses. Nothing shuts them up more than success (not that they'ed ever give ya credit) cream floats to the top, sh*t sinks or does it stink? (Collective moan from the MWO crowd...sorry)
              Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Oh gosh I retired from my last job because I just could not tolerate one more day of her....type A dictator....dont miss any of it!!
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

That's why I am self-employed these days
                  Not making the big bucks anymore but I'm also not taking any crap from the management :H :H
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Frozen snow here today and I am so glad I can look out and not have to go anywhere...getting a little stir crazy but hopefully we can get out tomorrow and Friday....I see some therapy shopping in my future...
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

We had nine inches of snow here, but the schools didn't close because most of it fell in the middle of the day. I shampooed my dining room rug, which hadn't been done in forever.
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Bad ice storm here - still no power!
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Back in business today - full power restored
                          I hope everyone is doing OK!!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Happy Saturday everyone!
                            A little more snow on the way this weekend but not too much - I hope
                            What is everyone else doing this weekend?
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hey Lav
                              not much going... suppose to be a little snow event but not much. Out of chicken vitals so off to the feed store. Have a good one!
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hi everyone! Today is Day 100 AF for me so with Byrd's encouragement I'm peeking my head in here to say hi and ask if I can join ya'all. I announced it to my Sober February group and I thought I'd copy/paste it here too...

"Hey chums! Hope everyone's having a good sober weekend... I'm feeling good in spite of a nasty cold, because today is Day 100 AF for me- (sorry if that's redundant as I also posted it on another thread or two). I've been committing in chunks of 30 days/1 month, so my next milestone will actually be 120 days. Then, it'll be on to 150 etc.

This would seem overwhelming to me but it really is a matter of baby steps. One foot in front of the other. I found this cool comic strip that reminds me of the journey well- I like to re-read it when I need reminding of this. The "artistic mastery" could be seen as our end goal of not being slave to alcohol- read it with that perspective... Brick by Brick | Doodle Alley

Thanks to everyone for the kind supportive words over the last couple days! Hitting triple digits seems so odd and surreal and very very good. I've been an abandoner pretty much all my life in anything that I committed to... so if I can do it, anyone can. Keep the faith, everyone!"

Comment

Working...
                                X