100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, we certainly can't have too much sun here, welcome and congrats sunny.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Thank you for the welcome, everyone!
      And a hearty welcome to you, Skullbaby! (There's got to be a pretty good story behind that handle, right?)

This weekend, I actually, for the first time , reached out and used some of the telephone #s I have (AA). I'm pretty determined to do it right this time around, and use the tools that have worked well for others.

Byrdie... are we related? I, too, wasn't 'getting it'. Not deep down. I managed a few months here and there, but the stinkin thinkin never really changed. Didn't matter that I did/do live a pretty idyllic life.

Anywho... enough rambling... better be off. Having the questionable pleasure of bailing my son out this morning. No idea how this works, never had to do this before... but always welcome new experiences. Or something like that. *sigh*
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Sunny and Skullbaby

Welcome Welcome Welcome
        Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Thank you, TJAF (I REALLY want to type TGIF) :H

It was a very emotional day for me yesterday. First the whole court affair and springing junior. Then, I took him to an AA meeting at my home group last night. He actually did pipe up at the end and what he had to say just tore my heart out. Not sure why, none of it was 'new' to me.. but hearing/seeing your child go through the same hell you have is really heart wrenching.

I am cautiously hopeful that he will come around. He definitely recognizes that alcohol is a problem/the root of most of his problems in his life. That's a good start. I don't think he makes the connection yet, that his whole way of thinking must change in order for him to return to 'sanity'. But that's ok... Rome wasn't built in a day, either. Look how long it took me to come to terms with a Higher Power (and he rejects the idea as much/if not more than I did).
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

sunshine_gg;1625624 wrote: Thank you, TJAF (I REALLY want to type TGIF) :H

It was a very emotional day for me yesterday. First the whole court affair and springing junior. Then, I took him to an AA meeting at my home group last night. He actually did pipe up at the end and what he had to say just tore my heart out. Not sure why, none of it was 'new' to me.. but hearing/seeing your child go through the same hell you have is really heart wrenching.

I am cautiously hopeful that he will come around. He definitely recognizes that alcohol is a problem/the root of most of his problems in his life. That's a good start. I don't think he makes the connection yet, that his whole way of thinking must change in order for him to return to 'sanity'. But that's ok... Rome wasn't built in a day, either. Look how long it took me to come to terms with a Higher Power (and he rejects the idea as much/if not more than I did).
            Sunshine

Boy it really is the most helpless feeling in the world watching our children go through life, make mistakes you can see coming from a mile off and not be able to do anything or even worse watching them struggle in the aftermath of a bad decision knowing that you cant do anything to make it go away...all you can do is offer unconditional love. I've gone through the courts with one child and it became a huge trigger that took me years to get a handle on. I wish you the very best and hope for a great outcome!
            Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

From the Mods Thread:

Average units when I drink are now nicely under 6.
              I'm still not drinking two days a week and never having over 6 units when I do.

I'm still in the "Increasing Risk" category. Way better than the "Higher Risk" place I was even three weeks ago, but the next goal will be to be "Low Risk." I'm not sure how few units a week will put me there. BUT - I am sleeping way, way better; always going to bed completely sober; and I think I've lost some weight.

Going to bed "completely sober" after 6 "units" of alcohol??? It just blows me away, I tell ya!!!

Hi everyone, sorry to pop in so randomly!
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

p.s. HUGS to Sunni G! :l I just read back :h
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9Lover;1625811 wrote: From the Mods Thread:

Average units when I drink are now nicely under 6.
                  I'm still not drinking two days a week and never having over 6 units when I do.

I'm still in the "Increasing Risk" category. Way better than the "Higher Risk" place I was even three weeks ago, but the next goal will be to be "Low Risk." I'm not sure how few units a week will put me there. BUT - I am sleeping way, way better; always going to bed completely sober; and I think I've lost some weight.

Going to bed "completely sober" after 6 "units" of alcohol??? It just blows me away, I tell ya!!!

Hi everyone, sorry to pop in so randomly!
                  I lived this way for a year. It nearly killed me. Denial is a powerful force among us addicts, and I had my fair share. It wasn't until I stopped bullshitting myself that I could finally break free of this monster who had ME thinking that 6 drinks a night was ok. It's not ok, it was going to kill me, whether slowly or quickly, it was going to take all unless I stopped. If I hadn't done it myself, I wouldn't have believed it. Denial is the most powerful force in addiction, in my opinion. Harm reduction is a term used in the heroin addict community, it speaks to using clean needles instead of sharing. I guess that IS harm reduction, but it's still killing yourself, just a little more slowly. Harm reduction is fine, but how about Zero Harm? I understand the power of addiction and I am so glad that I am recovering instead of covering it up. I have never been happier with a brighter outlook on life than I am now, I am not depressed and I cherish life and I hope to do everything I can to protect it. I am certainly not jealous in any way of others who choose to drink, I'm just not going to be one of them. B
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

I wonder what that 'completely sober' person would blow on a breathalyzer
                    I am so grateful to have my sanity back

Sunni, I'm so sorry about your son's troubles.
                    I swear there's just a large portion of us on this planet who just have to learn things the hard way!!!
                    I have always been one of them too. One thing we can do for our kids, even when they are adults is teach them 'by example'. You have already shown your son for the past 100+ days that there is no need for AL in our lives. You are a good role model for him right now :l

I'm trying to make room for another foot of snow expected here Wednesday night into Thursday!!! I swear it's starting to look like Canada here :H
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

K9 - good point about 6 units lol
                      I was recently wondering about people around me - it seems that people drink a lot - just looking at their FB posts and frequency they mention wine. All have jobs and families with kids. I am not sure if they are just oblivious or prefer not think about it? I am thinking of my DH for example - for years I was telling him we need to slow down because I felt deep down that drinking that frequently and this much was not normal. I was hearing back that everybody drink, and we are ok. That I am "overthinking" things. Seems we have this TGIF culture where people binge drink on the weekends and then continue on to Monday because they are so hangover.
                      AF since 10/20/2013
                      Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                      Meat free since 09/20/2008
                      ---------------------------------------
                      With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Hi all,
                        It's been 101 days for me, so I thought I'd introduce myself on this thread. We've been talking about the day we get to post here over at ladies on a mission. There were jokes flying around about our lurking here before we had 100 days, but this is the first time I've checked in. I haven't had a chance to read back and get an idea what's up but I will do so soon. Thanks to you all for being a huge part of the reason I am sober today.
                        Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

Can't believe you never peeked, Humble :H! I used to feel like I did as a kid when I sat at the top of the staircase listening to my parents and their friends have a party - I wanted to be there! Glad to see you here .

Comment

I've lurked here since about Day 10 - it was a big incentive!
                            14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Welcome HumbleRider
                              Congrats on your 101 AF days!!!!
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Welcome aboard, Humble! Here is your One Finger Salute!!
                                :finger:

I hope I didn't miss you on Roll Call...I watch that thing like a hawk so I don't miss anybody! The PP doesn't want any hurt feelings for jobs well done!
                                I'm so proud of you!
                                This is a refreshing thread where we can talk about AL in the rear view mirror! The day to day struggles are mostly gone, but when we have one we talk about it. We are safely tucked into the LONG TERM ABBERS section so we can speak freely.
                                DreamThinkDo, you are so funny the way you sneak around with your tiny fonts and pale letters, that cracks me up every time I see it! I hope you know what a joy you are, you bring a lot of light to this site!! (and coffee, too!) You are a breath of fresh air! I am so proud of you, too!

Sunny...my thoughts are with you and your son. I don't have children, so I can only imagine how painful it must be to see all of this. Hugs dear lady.

Hope everyone has an easy day...there's an inch of ice on the ground, the wind is blowing 20mph and my dog has her legs crossed!
                                Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X