100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's great Myluck and Skully. Don't it feel grand!!
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

WooHoo Skull and MyLuck..great jobs!!!!!
      Every once in a while I get a drinking pang out of no where..then I tell myself that I dont drink anymore...and the pang goes away...guess it will be there just under the surface for a while..almost 6 months for me.....totally unbelievable....
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Wow Sam - look at you coming up on your 1 year anni in just a few months

Dottie, that's how we convince our psyches by repeatedly telling ourselves 'I don't do that anymore'. Such a simple thing to do but it does really work

I'm going out to meet some old work friends for lunch. None of us drink or smoke anymore so there's no temptation - perfect
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav
          yeah it is coming on, try not to look too far ahead and never look behind. It is a relief not to be hungover and not to have to wrestle with "do I drink today?"
          Have a good un
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Thanks all for the reminders of "I do not drink anymore". Lately subtle drinking thoughts have cropped up in the background of my mind, trying to find ground to root themselves... I'm trying to pull them out like weeds.

I WILL NOT drink today, because I am a NON-DRINKER. Period.

Comment

Good plan, Skull...of you give those thought an inch, they want to be the ruler!! :H
              Pluck them out! (what, I said pluck!)
              MyLuck, great going on those 120 days! The next prize is 150, it's Flying Underwear, you don't want to miss that one!
              XO, B
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

I was surprised to see a post under GD from Roberta Jewel (RJ). Something will likely change on this website.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Like what Sunbeam? i saw that, too! B
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Well, so many things come down to money. I expect she will ask more people here to become subscribers. She may have other ideas.
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I got the feeling RJ was talking about sponsors/ads, that sort of thing

Just saw that Elivis has 100 days tomorrow
                      We'll have to send him an invite to join us here!
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Yes, the survey asked about interests and what ads we would like to see.

Comment

I'm glad ads are what they are working on. I was afraid it would be a joining fee and I think that would essentially shut the place down. At the beginning, I would have been too concerned about hooking a credit card to a stop-drinking website. Plus, I had my doubts about whether this would work anyway and a fee might have been just enough to deter me.

I put this in the Other Comments box of the survey, as well as a request that they take down the offensive posts that have (repeatedly) been brought to their attention.

I hope they get a good number of responses to the survey so that they have the metrics to prove to advertisers that it would be a worthwhile place to put their ads.

Have a good weekend, NS

Comment

I responded to the survey too. I think ads are a necessary evil to keep this site free so I can put up with it.
                            I would hate to lose this place and all the wonderful support..so many more folks need this place even if they don't know it yet.
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Is anyone here a subscriber? I'm not sure what that entitles one to?
                              Newbies Nest
                              Toolbox
                              My accountability thread

Comment

3J, how you been? I am a subscriber. Subs have a section where they can post and only subs read it. Because of the limited amount of people who use it (though I daresay there are more subscribers that exist but simply don't post there), it feels a little safer with the thinking it doesn't leave the subs forum, also posting personal pics in photo section where only subs were allow to see. It took me forever to realize that members who have little pencils by their avatars were subscribers.
                                Pretty much when I joined I subscribed as there was a deal of getting the kudzu, e-book, and subscription for a lower rate. My thinking was to keep the subscription up because for $10.00 per month, that was nothing compared to what I was spending on booze. I figured it was worth supporting the site. The perks are minimal, the MWO site has been a big part of me getting sober.

I'm not real keen on seeing as plastered everywhere. Another forum I belong to has the option of if you contribute to their annual membership ($30.00 I think) you don't see all the ads.

It will be interesting to see what the outcome of all this will be. It will all work out one way or the 'tother.
                                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                                X