Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Hi all

Please may I join you? I'm on 106 days now and never intend to drink alcohol again. Finally feel strong enough to say that, but not too complacent to know that I must forever look over my shoulder. I don't get much chance to post, but I do manage to read sometimes and I need the constant encouragement I get from reading others' posts. My days no longer revolve around alcohol, but I feel I'm still 'in recovery.' Happily filling my days with other things - don't get much spare time or privacy to post on here, but it's good to know that there is this thread which sounds great.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
    ---------------------------------

AF from 22 November 2013

Happily on the road to Sobriety - there's nowhere else worth going to...

Comment

heck yeah, 64, glad you're here!!
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

I was wondering about you just yesterday, Sixtyfour! Congratulations on all those AF days! It is great to have you here :l. I think you were getting interested in gardening - how is that going?

Keep doing what you're doing - it just gets better and better .

Comment

Welcome sixtyfour
          Glad to have you here with us!

Hi everyone - hope you are all well!
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thank you everyone, great to be here!

NoSugar, yes, but wow what a memory! Well done! Gardening is going really well, thanks. Spent much of the day hacking 'branches' of a Strelitzia Nikolai.... it's a variety of Bird of Paradise, but I bought two of these that had blue flowers instead of the usual orange... misread the label, so instead of being 1.2m high, they turn out to grow to 12 metres! Yep, they are already as high as my house! They both have to go, as I can't imagine what they are doing to the foundations of my house - they are sandwiched in a tiny space between the house and next door's fence! Baaad choice! One's gone (phew!), the other is taller and more of a challenge. I'm very limited with what I can do physically but on Friday the tree surgeon estimated $500 to remove them! Was I born yesterday? I set to with whatever blades I could find in the shed with varying degrees of bluntness, and started hacking away but it's hot and sweaty work! Anyone good at ladders and chainsaws?? Was that a deafening "No" I heard?
            ---------------------------------

AF from 22 November 2013

Happily on the road to Sobriety - there's nowhere else worth going to...

Comment

I'm not allowed to play with sharp toys sixtyfour, I tend to hurt myself :H
              I had no idea a Bird of Paradise could grow so big!!! We only see them in indoor conservatories around here & I've never seen one more than 4 or 5 feet high.
              Can you find a high school or college kid maybe looking to earn a little money? They are usually pretty desperate for cash
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Okay it is midnight here and i'm finally bloody on here. Woo hoo and woo hoo again.
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

available;1635936 wrote: Okay it is midnight here and i'm finally bloody on here. Woo hoo and woo hoo again.
                  OMG this thread is never gonna be the same :nutso:!!!
                  You know we're so glad you're here and so so so happy for you!

64, you might be the only person I know whose thumb is too green! I agree with Lav, find some kid who would be thrilled to help you for much less money.

Have a great day, friends!

Comment

Did I hear talk of gardening!?

Welcome, Available & SixtyFour!
                    A 12 meter Bird of Paradise? That's more of a Dinosaur of Paradise, ain't it? Geez. You can borrow my chainsaw.. but you'll be the one up on the ladder, please

No sight of gardens here.. but fences and roads are slowly re-emerging. There is hope.
                    I think.
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Welcome 64 and Ava!!! So good to see you here!
                      Our temps are finally going to make it into the 60's today, we are thrilled!

Wow, that is some Byrd of Paradise! Just give it to me, I can kill it for you! I can't even grow Wisteria and it grows in the wild bushes around here! I have bought 3 of them and killed them all!

Welcome aboard everyone, scooch over we have another one coming in shortly!! XXOO, Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Sunshine, I am an avid gardener.

Currently we are waiting in the Las Vegas airport for our return flight home from vacation. It was a mixed experience, my back went out yesterday.
                        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Lavande;1635216 wrote: 1808 AF days for me today Myluck.
                          I don't count days - just use the calculator once in a while when I'm curious
                          Date Duration Calculator: Days between two dates
                          Good link! I'm always forgetting my days too. That's a good thing, but then I have to go back and count and double count and triple count because I'm afraid I screwed up.

So I just verified my 116 days is correct, but I really like the alternate time units option. I'm at 10,022,400 seconds. That's OVER 10 MILLION SECONDS without alcohol. Sounds very impressive when I say it that way. :H
                          11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Welcome Available and 64. Great to have you in the ranks. Those first 100 days seemed like an eternity to me. The last 123 have flown by. Congratulations
                            Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Sunni, the snow is melting faster here than at your place but guess what's underneath - MUD :H
                              Gardening will have to wait for a while!

Byrdie, we will help you become a gardener, just wait!!!!

Sunbeam. sorry about your back, ouch. Hope it's not too bad

Elvis & TJ, it's good to do a count once in a while. Then you can spoil yourself with a nice little AF gift once in a while

Glad to have the new kids Ava & 64 here!!
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good to see you here Ava, congratulations!!!
                                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                                X