100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone and i feel like santa claus has arrived today, im pretty damn excited to be here and proud along side my children and my cyber friends. Even cleaning the house today has still kept a smile on my face as my eldest daughter is coming over to celebrate with me. Life cannot get any better today.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Yeah Ava on the 100 day thread. She has gone on about this milestone. Glad to see you here.
      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Welcome Ava and 64!
        11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Dreams... I was dreaming last night of telling my ex-wife how and why I quit drinking... unusual, seems like in the past I've always dreamed of getting drunk. Paradigm shift or WHAT!!??
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Interesting- I too have been having dreams of drinking, though in my case they're scary dreams where I've gotten drunk, and in the worst way- acting obnoxious and alienating friends and family, and feeling sick, bloated, depressed, anxious, and hating life... it's such a relief when I wake up and realize it was just a dream and I'm still sober.

I wonder if these are relatively common for us recovering alkies.

Comment

I've seen quite a few posts about those drinking dreams, not so many about ex-spouses though there seems to be a theme there...
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I don't read too much into it all, except that for once instead of dreaming about drinking, I was dreaming about NOT drinking. I've never had that happen. I was pretty excited about it.

My ex wife and I have remained good friends (though it didn't start out that way!), glad to say. It made raising our son much easier.
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Yeah Sam, a pretty cool thing about a dream in which you abstained... it's a very good sign that recovery is really taking root in your psyche in a good way. very cool, I hope I get that one day soon.

Somewhat related- in addition to abstaining from alcohol, I try to abstain from sugar- and just as often as I have bad drinking dreams, I also have sugar binge dreams. Donuts and candy and the like... I'm always glad when I wake up and realize I haven't indulged.

Comment

I'm not sure if I should still be posting here after my eff up last week :upset:

But I do stop in to spy on you old folks. lol
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9Lover;1636690 wrote: I'm not sure if I should still be posting here after my eff up last week :upset:

But I do stop in to spy on you old folks. lol
                      What ef up are you taking about. it was just a day in a long string of AF days. I think you are due a mulligan.
                      Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

K9, you should stay here because you are right back on your plan. You learned your lesson the hard way & it's completely understandable.

The drinking & smoking dreams just pop up from time to time for no apparent reason. They are weird but I do like to think about them as little reminders from the universe that I never want to go there again
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi, all:

Well, what do you know, I am sober 100 days, and I get to put my big girl britches on and come post on the maintenance thread. What?! I remember that at day 1, day 100 seemed like such a long time, and now it seems like practically nothing. I feel good and strong in my sobriety and I feel like I have a good notion that I have to stay quit no matter what - but I feel like I am still in the new stage - all things are new to me as a sober person, and I am finding parts of myself that have been hidden for a long time!

I owe my 100 days to you lovely people - the Senior Citizens of MWO! You lead by example and keep me laughing in the meantime. THANKS, and HOLY SHIT - I have been sober for 100 days (AND I'm not pregnant (or it would be some sort of recorded miracle if I was))!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Comment

K-9
                            who am I to judge, it could have me as well. You had multiple years with one bad day, at least it didn't become days, weeks, etc. Glad you're here safe and sound.

Pav
                            welcome, welcome, welcome!!!!

Sam
                            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Thank you all...I will stick around! I am thankful that my indiscretion was ONE day...could have been much, much worse. The good thing is that I realized RIGHT AWAY that I didn't want to do that anymore. All of the allure was gone....and good riddance!!!

Welcome Pav!!! You're now a Senior Citizen so pull up your walker and turn up your hearing aids! :gramps:
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Pav, welcome to the fold, and congrats on that wonderful milestone.
                                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                                X