Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Going outside!
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Went on a 5 mile solo hike. Sunshine and contemplation. A wonderful day!

Comment

Raining again here. We finally had 2 days of sunshine where the temps got over 80* and turns out that was the first time in 6 months we had 2 days in a row over 80*! I knew it had been a long, wet winter, but I didn't realize it had been THAT long.

The boards have been pretty quiet lately and I think I see the trend....seeing a lot of relapses. I wish there were something that we could say or do to prevent these...It breaks my heart to see the despair it causes.

NoSugar, that relapse thread of yours is priceless I wish we could make that a sticky somehow. The mental toll it takes on people is a crying shame. It is degrading down to the core. I HATE AL. Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

I take a look at that relapse thread anytime it crosses my mind that I was 'never that bad'. I wish we would get some fresh contributions! Every story contains a little nugget of wisdom or a note of warning.

Many of us on this thread seem to have endured the Longest Winter Ever. I'm finally seeing glimpses of spring, thank goodness!

Comment

Byrdlady;1645920 wrote: Raining again here. We finally had 2 days of sunshine where the temps got over 80* and turns out that was the first time in 6 months we had 2 days in a row over 80*! I knew it had been a long, wet winter, but I didn't realize it had been THAT long.

The boards have been pretty quiet lately and I think I see the trend....seeing a lot of relapses. I wish there were something that we could say or do to prevent these...It breaks my heart to see the despair it causes.

NoSugar, that relapse thread of yours is priceless I wish we could make that a sticky somehow. The mental toll it takes on people is a crying shame. It is degrading down to the core. I HATE AL. Byrdie
            Oh wow, Byrd- I had noticed that all the forums do seem really quiet lately and I hadn't considered that possibility, but I do wonder if you're right... I suppose that does make sense.

Comment

I'm just hiding from the weather again - 43 degrees with a chilly rain falling
              These past 6 months have been a true winter nightmare Byrdie. Can't wait for some sustained, decent, play outside kind of weather.
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Winter nightmare here too. It has rained all day and they say tomorrow too...but the crocus and daffodils are up so I am happy...
                I hope folks are having fun and not relapsing....has been quiet but my internet access has been behaving badly all day. They are supposed to come tomorrow to fix....or so they said...
                Happy evening..
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

I have had a winter nightmare of the opposite type - eerily sunny, dry days and NO precipitation. Felt like the beginning of a Mad Max movie. Still does. (cue Twilight Zone music do do do do...)

I have noticed how quiet the threads are - I don't like it either. I hate the feeling of seeing people who I have grown fond of feel so awful. It brings out the codependent in me and I want to chase them all down. I have to restrain myself from the PMs! Reading that thread is great, NS. Thanks for digging it up.

xo
                  Pav

Comment

So tired i cant think of anything to say, but wanted to check in anyway and say hi. It's raining here in Melbourne, Australia; would give anything to be in Thailand like Ava! Enjoy it, Ava, you deserve it!
                    Despite being tired and having nothing to say, i remain eternally grateful i got that monkey (al) off my back - anything & everthing is easier to deal with when one's mind is clear.
                    Just started on the L-glutamine to see if i can kick the sugar addiction i've been dealing with since quitting al.
                    My Dad's in hospital with his frailty, but we hope to find a permanent aged care facility for him to live in soon. Hoping for somewhere nice for him, so Mum can visit him and not have to worry.
                    In short, life can get difficult, but still manageable with sobriety.
                    There, so much for having nothing to say!
                    Wishing everyone well,
                    love Steady
                    AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Steady, glad you stopped in to say hello!
                      Caring for aging parents is tough work, I did it too many years ago. Be sure to take care of yourself first & foremost though, OK?

The rain has stopped & I hear the sun is supposed to make an appearance this afternoon - oh boy!!!
                      The weather extremes around the globe have been interesting, to say the least!
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hey ho all
                        I read with interest RJ latest post. (https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...-rj-90982.html) I am curious to how it will all shake down.

Lav, I'm ready for spring as well. Hope your chicks are enjoying the sun!
                        Sam
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

I'm sure we'll adjust to whatever changes that are made to the website
                          This place has been an invaluable resource to so many of us & it deserves the best care possible.

Sam, the 'girls' do seem happy out in the sun today. I hear lots of squawking :H
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Steady! Glad to see you.

I had a drinking dream two nights ago. Had a shot and got really, really loopy. I had to decide if I was going to have more since I had already blown it and then I had a looooong conversation with myself about whether I could come here and keep posting as though nothing had happened. Naturally, the answer was no. Amazing to me that the fear in my drinking dreams (I think I've had 3 or 4 in the last four months) is in coming here. It shows the power of a sober community to me.

I hope this site doesn't go away. On the LOAM thread we have a plan to join Soberistas as our MWO logins in case we come here one day and the site is just gone. I truly hope not, but if so we'll meet there and develop a plan. That or Cinderella's castle at Disneyland.

xo
                            Pav

Comment

hey guys, just enjoying the heat, well not really as its too hot/humid but damn its great to be lazier than i normally am.

Steady lovely to see you again. I heard it has been raining since i left Melbourne, see what happens when i leave? Let me know how the LGlut goes as i am seriously considering it when i get home though i have not been too bad here. Im not sure whether carrot cake and banana splits count though!

Ive noticed too that the nest has been quiet, feel like im talking to myself sometimes. Really enjoying my af holiday and those thoughts of a drink have gone back into their hole where they belong. Im going to have a coconut and lime smoothie with dinner tonight. Yum.

I did take a pic of a row of bars that when i get home i will put up a link of holiday snaps. You will be totally amazed at how many bars there are. the price of a beer is about 80 cents Aus.

Pav you know i will never find Cinderellas castle.

xx
                              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Morning everyone. Yep, even though the forums are quiet these days, this site is a great resource and I'm hoping it'll stick around and also that it'll pick back up soon with more chatter. Sometimes I'm disinclined to post when it's quieter but then I figure, that's actually all the more reason to post.

Ava, glad you're enjoying your AF holiday

What's this L-Glutamine I'm hearing about? Is that for sugar cravings? How/when does one take it?

Hope everyone's well today.

Comment

Working...
                                X