Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Lawn mushrooms are popping up everywhere around here Sam - pretty damp
    I had to give my 5 year old grandson a lesson on them this afternoon as a matter of fact!
    Enjoy your weekend in the mountains, sounds nice
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi,

I went to college in Virginia - all of my clothes were stained with that red clay/mud from the spring rains.

I feel like I am venturing into the substitute one addiction for another realm with my current food intake. Just sticking my toe in there - best pull it out quick. I'll go dig up some old NS posts...

Feeling a little logy tonight - hope to re-energize tomorrow as we have many kid-related events and a big party at night. ZZZZZZZZ.

xo
      Pav

Comment

Pav, don't worry, I went thru it too especially because I quit smoking at practically the same time
        I admit to developing a huge M&M addiction :H
        When I got fed up with all that I used some L-Glutamine for a while & it really did help kick the sugar craving to the curb. I haven't touched an M&M for ages I am proud to say. I'm still a little heavier than I really want to be but I am healthy, eating healthy & exercising regularly. At my age I guess I should just be grateful because I really am not trying to impress anyone
        Have fun with your kids!!!!
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Greetings all!

Thought I'd go (100-day) clubbing before launching into semi-productive mode around the homestead

I'm back in one piece, sober, and grateful for that. Hope all of you are well - have a great Sunday!
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

how do all
            nothing like those good ol red clay stains!! Reminds of me of once as kids getting into a tomato fight with my one of my brothers. We were picking tomatoes in my mother's garden and one thing led to another and we were launching them at each other. The stains in our white tee shirts were the least of out troubles! Boy, was she mad!
            change of subject here, I've posted this link on other threads here but thought I'd throw it here as well. I found this very interesting, hope you might as well:
            Marla Spivak: Why bees are disappearing | Talk Video | TED.com

Have a wonderfully sober Sunday!
            Sam
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Pavati;1656693 wrote: Hi,

I went to college in Virginia - all of my clothes were stained with that red clay/mud from the spring rains.

I feel like I am venturing into the substitute one addiction for another realm with my current food intake. Just sticking my toe in there - best pull it out quick. I'll go dig up some old NS posts...

Feeling a little logy tonight - hope to re-energize tomorrow as we have many kid-related events and a big party at night. ZZZZZZZZ.

xo
              Pav
              Hey Pav- I'm going to go sugar-free for a while too, I posted today as Day 1 in a couple of the sugar-free threads. Care to do it with me, keep eachother motivated? No pressure, just thought I'd throw it out there

Comment

Wow, Skull. I have to think for a night. I'm not sure if I'm ready. Boy, those sentences sound familiar. I'll go read those sugar free threads. Good idea!

Comment

skull, good on you! I can't give it up but I am sure healthier now than in the days of AL. In those days I usually couldn't be bothered cooking, we'd either go out or order in many nights. Now I take the time to shop, to plan and to prepare good meals. I still get the odd whispering in my ear, I used to drink while I cooked, but it's easier and easier to ignore.
                  Newbies Nest
                  Toolbox
                  My accountability thread

Comment

Boy, do I love Turkey Hill all natural ice cream! I just had some, haven't had any for a month or two. I eat healthy food and also foods containing sugar. I feel great, that's what counts. It is important to pay attention to how you feel after eating and eat those foods that make you feel good and give you energy.
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

3June2013;1658626 wrote: skull, good on you! I can't give it up but I am sure healthier now than in the days of AL. In those days I usually couldn't be bothered cooking, we'd either go out or order in many nights. Now I take the time to shop, to plan and to prepare good meals. I still get the odd whispering in my ear, I used to drink while I cooked, but it's easier and easier to ignore.
                      I hear you, June. Even on the days where I indulge (or even binge) on sugar, instead of beating myself up about it, I just tell myself that "any day I do not drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes, I consider a 'win'".

And I, too, now enjoy planning and cooking meals daily It's nice to know exactly what's going in my body, as "you are what you eat" is not just a folksy cliche, it's a LITERAL truth.

Comment

Hi Pavati and everyone,
                        Yes, i can relate to eating more since quitting al. I can eat a whole family-size block of chocolate in one go! Am trying to kind of "crowd out" the bad foods by eating lots of healthy food. But a craving for sugar is hard to deal with. I did try the L-glutamine a few times, but it seemed to bloat me up, and i still wanted sugar! Am reading a book at the moment by Deepak Chopra called "What Are You Hungry For?" which has useful nutritional info and also addresses "emotional eating." Another helpful book is "Beating Sugar Addiction for Dummies" - not that i've put it into pratice yet! :H I think it's harder to quit chocolate or other sweets because the stakes aren't as high as with alcohol. i.e. there isn't a risk of regretful behaviour and the impact on physical and mental health isn't any where near so bad. But i would love to lose some weight, so will keeping working on the No Sugar approach.
                        Have a great AF weekend all,
                        love Steady
                        AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Steady, thanks for the recommendation on the Chopra book, sounds interesting, I will check it out...

Comment

Steady, the book and forum Intuitive eating has been helpful for me, as well as 180 degree Health. Much more sensible approaches than what I see and hear commonly discussed. On Facebook eat more to lose weight is very good. I've never been overweight, but for years I ate too little as I worried about my weight. I'm really glad that is over.
                            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi all, as I posted in the beginners roll call today it is 200 days for me. I find myself thinking less and less about drinking, no cravings! Thank you everybody here for your support. I am still doing hot yoga and I am getting more serious about it. I am practicing 5 times a week and I am finding great deal of peace in it. So far lost 45 lb since October feeling great. The benefits of AF life are wonderful, and I found yoga that helps me to maintain my sobriety.
                              AF since 10/20/2013
                              Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                              Meat free since 09/20/2008
                              ---------------------------------------
                              With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Way to go, MyLuck! I don't know how you do hot yoga - I do yoga in a warm room (because of where it is, not intentionally). So much sweating already! So cool on 200 days.

Glad you stopped by, Sunni. Hope that trip to Germany was ok. I'll check out your thread.

I had a good no sugar week, passing by many, many temptations. Not sure about finishing that ice cream in the freezer tonight, though. It is usually my Friday treat...

I'm feeling better about saying to people that I quit drinking. Many are curious, ask "forever?" I just say - forever is a long time. I'm not drinking now. Seems honest and about right.

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers and grandmothers.
                                xo
                                Pav

Comment

Working...
                                X