No announcement yet.

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like anything that messes with our brains, the less we have, the less we want (and vice-versa :wink.

Happy holidays and best wishes for a fabulous 2016 to all! :heart: NS

Comment

Originally posted by TJAF View Post
      In this Season of excess I come to you all with a bowed head, humble and contrite. I have stumbled and stumbled bad. As I am typing this I am getting cookie crumbs everywhere. I am unabashedly trashed on sugar! Yes Yes I have done it I am a cookieolic! There I said it! No Sugar where are you when I needed you most!
      Haha, My hear skipped a beat when I started reading this TJAF as I thought, "Oh no! Not YOU!" Haha, thanks for the chuckle. And Byrdie, thanks for that previous post to Bear as it was helpful to read. Yes, what is "just one" going to do for us other than get us back on the road to Hades!

~Addy
      "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Hi, 100 Dayers:

TJAF - that is me, too, this time of year. I actually have a sugar quit plan in place! Of course it is after the New Year, because why start today what you can put off until tomorrow. So far I have used ice cream and dessert as my "treat" when I feel disgruntled that everyone else "gets" to have wine. What a crock of dung. I'm not terribly worried about it, and know I will scale back soon, but whatever gets me through the season...

I hope you all have wonderful Christmases if you celebrate, Happy New Years, etc.

xo
        Pav

x post, Addy. Hi!
        Last edited by Pavati; December 24, 2015, 11:35 AM.

Comment

for you cookie lovers:

Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

TFAF, you skeert me!
            Yes, I, too need to reign it in, too!
            Merry Christmas, everyone! B
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Merry Christmas to everyone!

I just realized that this is my 7th AF Christmas & I am here to tell you - it doesn't get old
              Stick with it, you'll never be sorry

Peace to all!

PS: It's OK to binge on cookies this week!!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Greetings All,

A belated Happy Summer / Winter Solstice to you! (I just can't get into the 'Xmas' spirit this year, so have become a pagan!) It may be just one day to another from December 31st to January 1st, but it really does feel like a new beginning. Out with the old, in with the new (I made that up myself, lol... Just like I made up "The Christmas spirit is not what you drink" (Jethro Tull)

I don't have a lot to say right now, but THANKYOU to everyone for the sharing and support that is the cornerstone of my sobriety. May you all enjoy the festive season, and look forward to a clear, bright new year...

Steady
                :love:
                AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Lav, it seemed effortless this year, and I am so glad! That first one was a real test! I'm so glad that this does get easier with practice!!

Steady, I am grateful also, for this wonderful place and the fine people who are here to help us. Looking forward another sober year! Hugs to all, Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Lav, I'm also binging on candy. This the season! I'll be fine. Like so many women in our culture, I ate too little during the day for many years, then too much junk in the evening because I was starving. No more, now I eat whenever I'm hungry. My weight is stable.

Happy New Year to all!
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Wishing everone a happy & healthy AF 2016!!!
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Woke up thankful for 607 days AF and all of you who come here every day to support and encourage all of us. I would not be living my new life without all your help. Happy New Year!

Comment

Hi 100 Day Clubbers,
                          So glad the 'silly season' is over! Didn't feel cravings to drink, but the occasional wistful wish that things were different & I could 'let loose' along with a lot of people I know. But REALITY won't accommodate that - I can never drink again. Am still pained over what happened at my work-place, and that's very sobering indeed. If I sent off emails while under the influence that I don't remember, what else did I do when I was out after work, getting smashed? Doesn't bear thinking about. Which is why I remain steadfast! Upside is, I get to reap the rewards of sobriety - better physical & mental health, no 24/7 nightmare where every minute is spent either drinking or waiting to drink again, deeper & stronger relationships, more time in each day, and money to treat myself to other things. :happy2:
                          Friday night here in Australia; have a wonderful weekend everyone!
                          Steady
                          :thumbsup:

Comment

You too Steady. Nice one.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Geez, this room in the AF House is looking kind of empty! I know lots of you spend time in the Gloamers' room, and a buzzing room that is! So buzzy & busy that it overwhelms me if I try and reply to the thread. So I'll just keep checking in here for a while. Hope the weekend's a good one for all.
                              Steady

Comment

Good to see you, steady. I hang out more on the gratitude thread, but enjoy checking in here as well. Life is good.
                                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                                X