No announcement yet.

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone....just popping in to say hello.....all I can say is Phew! A great feeling!
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Daisy, Welcome! Great accomplishment to earn your spot here.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Daisy. Congratulations. 100 days is a huge milestone. Speech!
        Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Daisy, a big congrats to you!!!!
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hello and welcome, Daisy !:welcome:

TJAF, I feel the same way. I know there's no way I could just have one drink. It'd still be like, what's the point? Having a drink would be like boarding a runaway train.

Have a nice weekend everyone,
            Steady
            AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Checking in too, Sam not sure if you know but we have moved to the Dutch countryside.
              We are in an apartment, not a farm yet, but thinking in that direction.
              Seems I have lived through the transition and grateful to be sober coming out of it all.
              (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Eloise
                hope it all works out for you, know you've wanted to move out, you near a horse perhaps??
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

TJAF, I must have read what you wrote 20 times in a row...

"I've said it before. I'm not at all afraid of never drinking again im scared to death of drinking!"

I really like this because it reminds me that there's no bad in not drinking; just the opposite. And scared of drinking because so many bad things happen when we drink. Ending up in a hospital with your teeth knocked out, terrible hangovers, not being able to relate to others, no/low self-esteem, and the list goes on and on.
                  Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

The Netherlands has a big horse industry Sam, so yes, there are so many options nearby to ride. Last week there was a week long competition, dressur, jumping and carts. The hores (( whoops HORSES)) and cart days were hysterical, I laughed and laughed. Everyone had a great time. And there were ponies pulling carts too. My husband and I have a new respect for ponies!
                    And I am in Manila now and a mutual friend imported his new horse from the Netherlands three weeks ago. I would like to visit him, he is beautiful in the photos and the guys is so proud! I hope it is not too hot here for the horse?

All said, things are finally settling down for us Sam.
                    You are another person here who was instrumental in the early days for me, so thank you.
                    I remember reading a few messages from you before I quit and you really made me stop and think about what I was doing.
                    You were right, not drinking is really the best approach.
                    (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Happy Leap day to everyone!
                      Nice to have an extra day to enjoy our freedom from the chains of AL

El, I have been to the Netherlands & enjoyed car & train rides thru the countryside. The fields of tulips & the great big old windmill that sells mustard comes to mind I hope you find everything you want!
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I was paging thru some old posts earlier today in the 'Need Help ASAP' section. I see so many that ask for tips about getting out of this mess....they only post once or twice, telling horrific stories, never to be seen again. I wonder what becomes of these people who seem so desperate for help.

I remember logging on to MWO looking for something, too. I really didn't like the answers I got, because they all involved quitting this thing I loved/hated. I wanted a softer approach, something that wasn't so harsh!

It's a shame the 5+ year sober Byrdlady can't go back to the raging alkie Byrdlady and tell her the quickest way from Point A to Point B is just quitting....plain and simple. I wish I could tell her there aren't any magic pills or silver bullets, you just gotta quit. It makes me sad to think of how much time I wasted on AL. I really didn't want to let go, but it's been the best decision of my life and the most liberating. Living simply and authentically has been such a blessing.

Thanks for listening. B
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

I have more confidence when new people take the plunge and post in the Newbies Nest. It seems that most of those individual threads fade quickly. Sometimes it really does take a village! It would be nice to think all the people who come and go found a different solution but... I doubt it. Some people who get sober and then leave are ok, though - like you were, Kuya, and TurnAgain, LostSoul33, ... I hope there are others that I just don't know about!

Comment

Originally posted by kuya
                            Byrdie I also see names from old posts and wonder.

I joined here 8 months before I quit properly and also didn't feel comfortable here at first. That is why I always go out of my way to make sure a post to a new person is as full as I can manage.....I know that first post is terrifying.
                            I used to strictly stay in the nest....UNTIL I noticed that you did this. Then I started doing it also! You make a hellofva first impression, Kuya! You are the ultimate, cyber Welcome Welcome!!! B
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

It is truly humbling to see so many folks come and go and still find that I am still standing. Why this time and not another time in my life. Same goes for you Byrdie or No Sugar or Lav. Why was this quit different. I really don't know in my case. I didn't hit bottom. My family really didn't know. I just don't know except that in retrospect maybe I was just tired of it all. It is exhausting being an active alcoholic. All in all I'm just happy it seems to have stuck this go around.
                              Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

This was the first quit I didn't try to do on my own, TJ. Finally being honest about the extent of my problem and asking for and accepting help made all the difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X