Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi steadfast. Good to here your ok.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Originally posted by mario View Post
      Hi steadfast. Good to here your ok.
      Thanks Mario. And congratulations on your ongoing, long term success!
      Regards,
      Steady
      AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Hit the ton. Back in the game!

100 days clean and sober today. No desire to turn back. i've announced this everywhere so must be feeling chuffed, and i am.

G'day Steady! Big waves to all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

We are so proud of you, too, Mr G! This is a yoooge accomplishment! You are in rare air! Keep up the great work we are right beside you all the way! Hugs! B
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Thanks Byrdy.

I am feeling more settled and see a clearer path ahead of me i think, than on previous occasions. For me, feeling more settled and peaceful within means strength.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Welcome Mr G and proud you should be... Scream it out everywhere, Its a great achievement.

Comment

I always FORGET TO CHECK IN HERE

Wishing everyone the best & a happy Thanksgiving weekend!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hey guys. Needing to check in and say hi, Happy Thanksgiving, wishing everyone well.

So many interesting things going on to be honest. Especially when it come to holiday festivities & drinking amongst the expats.

And noticing a pattern of colleagues absent from work on Monday & Thursdays.

I am pretty sure it could be due to drinking lowering our resistance?
                  I decided not to join the Thanksgiving festivities as the dinner was held on Saturday night in another city, way more effort than I am prepared for these days.
                  My new life in China is ... well... kind of weird. Nothing is as we expect it to be here guys.
                  And, after 2 months my body is now unable to digest food made with msg. At least that is what i am attributing it to? No idea really. When I eat Chinese food in restaurant or at school I feel like I have some kind of intestinal virus. I feel terrible. If I don't eat it for a few days I start to feel better.
                  So, no I am not used to things here yet. Doing my best and reminding myself the first year is always the hardest.

For me stopping drinking has been such a blessing, I really cannot say this enough.
                  Looks like I am approaching 1000 days sober in a short while, this is kind of cool!
                  Last edited by Eloise; November 26, 2016, 11:59 PM.
                  (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Hi Eloise, having a new life in china sounds cool/interesting and coming to 1000 days is not cool its fantastic well done, Do keep us updated on your new life, its great for me anyway to hear how other people/cultures are getting along.

Comment

Hey Mario!
                      WAnt to say hi to my loyal friend Brydie as well. I have not been so loyal around here, sorry about that. I will do my best to step back in as often as I can. With the time difference and a 50+ hour work week, new for me, I am exhausted. I do spend a lot of time on the yoga and meditation. Keeps me feeling like I can do this.
                      The language is a huge barrier Mario as is the internet or lack there of.
                      There is internet, it is just widely blocked making accessing simple things difficult. I try not to think about why they bother to do it as it makes no sense to me.
                      Anyway.
                      The good news is I am back to work teaching art in a school, so it should be easier to remain gainfully employed I hope. If I want to move on it will be easier to find the next job. Bad news is people are sick a lot here. I do not understand this either. I rather isolate because I do not want to be in public places too much exposing myself to coughing people.
                      People cough and spit a lot in public, I find it horrible to be honest.

It turns out I made a good decision to avoid the Thanksgiving. One of the teachers arrived 3 hours late for the teacher dinner and her teenage daughter said 'everyone was drunk.' Gotta love teenagers as they tend to say it like they see it.
                      I figure it would be a complaining drinking feast and it was. I didn't miss much and I will be fresh for the week ahead (that is the plan anyway).
                      I plan to try to reconnect here a bit more. I think it is important with the holidays looming ahead, I will be here alone. Not that I have had any drinking thoughts since the last one I wrote about, it is just I think it best to be careful.
                      Wishing everyone a happy and sober week ahead.
                      (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Its funny in a good way that the celebrations we looked forward to before as in Christmas,thanksgiving,4th july ,St patricks day etc etc for us were just excuses to drink , not that we needed to many, but that excuse for that day was one of the above, Now we don't look at it like that at all & I personally enjoy them even more now, and do wonder why I bothered drinking at all ?? So many question's ?

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                          Hit the ton. Back in the game!

100 days clean and sober today. No desire to turn back. i've announced this everywhere so must be feeling chuffed, and i am.

G'day Steady! Big waves to all.
                          Fantastic Mr G - a belated congratulations!

regards,
                          Steady
                          AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

If it is OK with everyone I will post my days sober on here from time to time and not so often on the Newbies Nest roll call. I don't want to discourage those just starting out to be discouraged from posting alongside "larger" numbers.

So, I am on day 910 today.

Comment

Maybe we could get this thread going again, Alpro :smile:. Congratulations on your 910 days - you're heading for quadruple digits and won't have to ever be in triples again. How are you feeling these days?

I had anticipated a lot of family stress over the holidays and while most of that did not even materialize, I was pretty worn out between that and just the sheer working of traveling, cooking big meals for a group, and just all the stuff that comes with a busy holiday season. I often thought about how grateful I was to not only not want a drink but to feel no need for a drink. It has become a complete non-issue apart from the relief of no longer being a slave to a substance. If only we could get the message out loud and clear that time truly is a magic healer. And it doesn't take 4 years - I've felt this way for a long time. But I'm glad to stay aware and appreciative of what a better life this is. I hope 2017 is the year that everyone who is seeking sobriety finds the way there that works for them! xx, NS

Comment

Thanks NS. My thoughts exactly on the thread. Hoping to see more activity here.

I don't feel so much different today overall, but am not overwhelmed by alcoholism anymore. Before, I was either anticipating drinking, drinking, recovering physically, and the mental obsession of guilt and remorse never ended. Today, I am free of that.

Comment

Working...
                                X